Land to Hunt in Fairfield county CT???

bigbucko

Reaction score
Does anyone have any land to hunt/share in lower Fairfield county CT. Only looking to bow hunt. Very professional with experience. I work in lower Fairfield county and live up at the top, by the time I get home its pretty much too late hunt. Was hoping someone had a spot they wouldn't mind sharing with me that I could try on my way home preferably New Canaan, Ridgefield or Danbury. Hard to get any evening hunts in these days working 9-5 and commuting an hour. I would share any meat and am not opposed to paying a reasonable fee if the land is worth it. Small private lots adjacent to larger ones will do. I'm not very picky. Just want to get a few cams in there before the rut. Any help is appreciated. Thank you all!!

Last edited:

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Does anyone have any land to hunt/share in lower Fairfield county CT. Only looking to bow hunt. Very professional with experience. I work in lower Fairfield county and live up at the top, by the time I get home its pretty much too late hunt. Was hoping someone had a spot they wouldn't mind sharing with me that I could try on my way home preferably New Canaan, Ridgefield or Danbury. Hard to get any evening hunts in these days working 9-5 and commuting an hour. I would share any meat and am not opposed to paying a reasonable fee if the land is worth it. Small private lots adjacent to larger ones will do. I'm not very picky. Just want to get a few cams in there before the rut. Any help is appreciated. Thank you all!!
A few of these towns have programs to connect hunters with landowners in an attempt to lower the deer population.

swnoel

Reaction score
I wonder how I would go about finding this out.. town hall or more of a call to the deep?
I would think that your F&G could help you out. There has to be people calling and complaining about the deer destroying their plants or property. Wouldn't hurt to call and check.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Plenty of State land down that way. Centennial watershed permit applications come out every year on 6/1 as well

bigbucko

Reaction score
I know there are a few state land spots here and there, but im not a huge fan of leaving stands and cams on state land. Had some stolen from me in the past. And since this will be a quick in and out on my ride home maybe an hr to 2 hrs it would be best to be able to leave a stand.

oneshott

Banned
Reaction score
If you work 9 to 5, it seems to make more sense to go in the mornings. It is very dark here at 6:30pm in NH right now, so probably earlier in the woods.
You will get lots more time hunting before work I would think, near home.

bigbucko

Reaction score
I would love to but my wife takes the little one to daycare and I get the older one ready and off to school before my commute.. not much I can do in the morning unless its the weekend. I miss morning hunts...

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
this was helpful. I reached out to a bunch of contacts on here and already had one response telling me that they forwarded my information to a few people. Hopefully it turns into something. I will let you know.. Thanks again.
From the research I've done, its critical to present yourself as a professional to these people. Most of these landowners want less deer on their land, but they're uncomfortable with hunters. Once you get that accomplished, you could have a honey hole for a long time.