Knives - Recommendations please!

mpacolelend

Reaction score
Hi all! so I am looking for, I hate to say this, but the cheapest knives that are perfect for hunting! The reason I say cheap is that my father is looking at some not so great quality knives, and I am wanting to change his direction to okay quality cheap knives. We have no $$$ for the knives that we all want, unfortunately. But! Can you guys recommend cheaper decent hunting knives? I appreciate the help!

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Victorinox and Chicago Cutlery make some excellent knives intended for the kitchen though are equally performing in the field. Parring knives and boning knifes are easy to sharpen, hold an edge, and are cheap.

A Stanley Box Cutter does pretty well also. No need for sharpening; simply replace!

I’d argue it’s difficult to find anything lower cost than the items above.

Louis

Reaction score
What's your budget ? I hunt whitetail deer among other things. As an inexpensive tactical knives company, I've found it hard to beat Schrade. Hth

Last edited:

Mikejd

Reaction score
I will second the Mora. For the value I do not believe there is a better deal on the planet. I have probably 20 of them and have yet to have a failure. They arrive shaving sharp and are easy to keep that way. I have knives that cost 50x what a mora cost and the mora are always with me.