Knives - Recommendations please!

mpacolelend

Reaction score
Hi all! so I am looking for, I hate to say this, but the cheapest knives that are perfect for hunting! The reason I say cheap is that my father is looking at some not so great quality knives, and I am wanting to change his direction to okay quality cheap knives. We have no $$$ for the knives that we all want, unfortunately. But! Can you guys recommend cheaper decent hunting knives? I appreciate the help!

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Victorinox and Chicago Cutlery make some excellent knives intended for the kitchen though are equally performing in the field. Parring knives and boning knifes are easy to sharpen, hold an edge, and are cheap.

A Stanley Box Cutter does pretty well also. No need for sharpening; simply replace!

I’d argue it’s difficult to find anything lower cost than the items above.

Louis

Reaction score
What's your budget ? I hunt whitetail deer among other things. As an inexpensive tactical knives company, I've found it hard to beat Schrade. Hth

Last edited:

Mikejd

Reaction score
I will second the Mora. For the value I do not believe there is a better deal on the planet. I have probably 20 of them and have yet to have a failure. They arrive shaving sharp and are easy to keep that way. I have knives that cost 50x what a mora cost and the mora are always with me.

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
catching up on all sorts of old posts but, for hunting, I like the Muela hunting knives. I love mine

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Outdoor Edge 3.5" Razorlite EDC folder. Lightweight, always razor sharp. Best knife I ever had. Gets dull and you throw the blade away and put a new one in. 6 blades for about 30 bucks.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
This is the best knife I’ve ever had, I’ve field dressed a half dozen deer and it’s still incredibly sharp. It’s from Rockwell Custom Knives. I like nice knives.
D0F58617-D5A5-4DE9-9A0A-24AB2D8D112B.jpeg 1310697F-2DB1-435F-AE42-F5C4170D7B93.jpeg

Last edited:

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I had these made for my daughters for Christmas a couple years ago. Made by a guy named Hardison in S Carolina I think. I added the orange paracord with a reflective strip and I made antler beads with their initials.
F3791120-C931-4E45-B093-6D12CF33F99E.jpeg

Last edited:

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Very nice, good idea with the highly visible cords. I know I've been kicking around in the leaves looking for mine a few times.
I have the same cord on my knife, it just wasn’t on it yet when I took the pictures. The reflective strip shows up great in the dark.

Latest posts