Just picked up first 2 rifles in a long time

CamaroMan

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up! Ours is 7mm mag..

Cam- Please do not attempt putting any round in the magazine that is not specifically the cartridge indicated in the stamp on the barrel. You are over thinking it. There are lots of different 7mm or .284 caliber cartridges. For safety sake consider them not interchangeable. Very dangerous.

CamaroMan

Reaction score
Yes, grew up shooting as a kid into teens, 30 years ago tho.. 410, .22, 3006, 12ga, and a host of hand guns.. rusty to say the least, its been a while :)

What groundtender said. Is this your first gun ?

Last edited:

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Cam- Please do not attempt putting any round in the magazine that is not specifically the cartridge indicated in the stamp on the barrel. You are over thinking it. There are lots of different 7mm or .284 caliber cartridges. For safety sake consider them not interchangeable. Very dangerous.
I know someone who shot 2 rounds of 30/06 out of his 35 Whelen and was wondering why the bullets were hitting sideways and all over the place. lol

hammertime

Reaction score
If you do reload, I would suggest very light, or reduced recoil loads for the wife. 7 mm mag can pack a pretty good punch

Xbolt

Reaction score
The tikka is gonna have a bite to it when you touch it off look into getting a limbsaver recoil pad for them

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Tikka is an excellent choice. I used to have one. It came with everything needed to mount a scope, rings and bases, no rail.

Latest posts