Just got back from Ohio

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
My daughter started out at OU.
Long but nice drive from NJ.
Started sizing up some places to hunt out there, but she only stayed 1 semester so that went out the window.
Always thought about checking it out. Maybe after I retire :)
I was actually drooling a little bit at some of the Western Maryland territory. West Virginia looked like an adventure too...

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
MUCH heavier. The season starts on a Monday. By Wednesday, all the locals are driving this piss out of the woods.

I like hunting alone, all day, without seeing another soul. That is why it wasn't my cup of tea.
Yeah I definitely chose our sitting spots strategically behind little ledges or hills. The fact that I could see Orange in several places made me a little nervous. If you told me I had one week to hunt all year I would still choose northern New England to spend that week.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
looks like a hell of a good time. I envy the fact you and Ethan get to do trips like that together.
I definitely don't take it for granted. Between the Ohio trip and all the other tags and local trips we've gone on I easily spent over $1000 this year. That's a significant chunk of money for me but I know 20 years from now I will look back on it and think how little it really was for the value I got out of those trips/tags. I hope my younger two choose adventures over "things" too.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Awesome trip Pete. Ethan will remember that for the rest of his life. How Duke take it being left at home?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I definitely don't take it for granted. Between the Ohio trip and all the other tags and local trips we've gone on I easily spent over $1000 this year. That's a significant chunk of money for me but I know 20 years from now I will look back on it and think how little it really was for the value I got out of those trips/tags. I hope my younger two choose adventures over "things" too.
I'm sure they will. Seems like the tribe is in tow with following in your footsteps. You don't need my advice, but keep doing what you're doing. It's certainly working.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Exactly as expected....he was a little pissed. But he knew it was his big brothers bday present, so he kept the bellyaching to a minimum.
I figured the little guy would’ve found a way to sneak into your truck for the trip out there.

Bill/NH

Reaction score
Sounds like a great time Pete!!!! When you get your hunting license in Ohio does that come with a deer tag or is it just the right to hunt and you have to buy the either sex permits as well to tag a deer????

Snowed

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you had a successful tripe even through you didn’t pull the trigger. Pretty impressive mounts in the back ground of the picture.

Browseline

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures and stories. A very nice birthday present. Looks like a good time. If they don't already know, someday your children will look back and realize how lucky they were growing up to have a father like you.

Latest posts