Jackman 3rd Week

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
This year was a tad different that prior years. I couldn’t break from work 100% but so had to work a few half days start of the week at camp, while there was snow. That killed me, but it actually helped break up the stay which didn’t make it seem long. We stayed again at my seasonal rental south of Jackman. Two of the 5 guys that usually hunt with us couldn’t make it because of work obligations, so there was only 3 of us. Roaring woodstove, beers over telling our daily stories, visiting our local friends and even stopping in to some local establishments which we don’t typically do. It was a fun, low pressure week, but we hunted all day start to finish minus some of my office work.

As for the hunting we ended up with one small buck shot by my buddy end of the week. His first tracking buck so he was excited. We all had buck sightings and the other in the group fired at one. We hunted mostly on snow. From what we saw on snow, the bucks were still moving at night, but laying down some good sign. Seemed like less hunters overall.

I had one good morning on two decent bucks, but went across the border. Never cut another big buck track for the week, but I mostly hunted the same area trying to pick up one of these bucks. They never came back so likely had some hot does in Canada or a food pile. We were into the deer everyday, as one day between my buddy and I we saw 5 bedded does and jumped a bunch. Start of the week I wasted 2 days hunting a mountain I had located a big buck on last year, but he wasnt around. Saw 12 moose on Saturday, 11 on Sunday including two monsters one being 55 or better inches at 10 yards. Of course I couldnt find one during moose season, but saw 35 or more during deer hunting.

Overall a solid week, really fun time with friends, and enough action to keep us going but the big bucks are few and far between and getting more scarce in my opinion. Couple random photos of the week. On to ML season now when I get back home, out of state now in NJ fir the holiday. Boo.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score

Davey

Reaction score
Kingman, I bird hunted a couple of long weekends this season up around Molunkus\Kingman area, saw a lot of moose and birds, great area.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Great post Kingman. Some great looking buck tracks you were onto and of course the views you snapped never get old!

Latest posts