Its almost time

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Hard to believe we have 15 days of non-deer season right in the sweetspot of the year, but I've got bigger things to complain about than that. We headed to the farm for Saturday. We brought the coyote caller, but didn't have any luck. We walked the farm a little and found some small rubs but no scrapes. We got to watch a 4-pointer work the edge of a field for a while, which was a treat, and we were all excited to watch. I started cutting wood for the sugarhouse while the boys ate some lunch. We set up a blind and hung a cam for my dad right before the sun went down. I love being in the woods when all the leaves are down...

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Good stuff Pete. Looking forward to next weekend with my daughter. We had a warmup session up to camp for NH youth weekend. Saw some deer, had a chance, but didn’t connect. Hopefully we’re going to give the new blind we built for my father-in-law a proper breaking in Saturday morning. We have a handful of basket racked bucks on camera, or maybe if we are lucky the buck from Browselines lawn will cross the valley.
2FACADC6-DEE9-466B-853A-0E1114ED74DE.jpeg

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Good stuff Pete. Looking forward to next weekend with my daughter. We had a warmup session up to camp for NH youth weekend. Saw some deer, had a chance, but didn’t connect. Hopefully we’re going to give the new blind we built for my father-in-law a proper breaking in Saturday morning. We have a handful of basket racked bucks on camera, or maybe if we are lucky the buck from Browselines lawn will cross the valley.
View attachment 22516

Thats a perfect shack to put in a hardwood spot. I was actually thinking about a permanent shack at my dads stand. He's hunted there for about 40yrs, just sitting on the hillside in the bushes through rain and snow. I put up a pop-up blind for him, but its not quite right. It will work, but its not what I want, partially because its on a side hill and I had to settle on a flat-ish spot. Something like you have on 3ft high set of stilts would level it and get a shot over the bushes that have grown up. If only there was 25hrs in a day....

Steve J

Reaction score
Although I have a camp in Central Vermont my son and I are bring my grand son down to a camp in Arlington VT for youth weekend. We have several great stands down there hopefully he gets a crack at one.

Fixed blade

Reaction score
Although I have a camp in Central Vermont my son and I are bring my grand son down to a camp in Arlington VT for youth weekend. We have several great stands down there hopefully he gets a crack at one.
I know this place well and your grandson is a very lucky kiddo. Good luck I hope he gets the big one!

Reaction score
Looks like fantastic conditions for youth weekend. Wyatt and I will be heading to deer camp for a sleepover. We will be there in case one of the older kids gets a deer. Wyatt is only 7 but he is chomping at the bit to go hunting.

We might do a little bear hunting. I'll let him carry his BB gun. I think he will love it.

Steve J

Reaction score
Looks like fantastic conditions for youth weekend. Wyatt and I will be heading to deer camp for a sleepover. We will be there in case one of the older kids gets a deer. Wyatt is only 7 but he is chomping at the bit to go hunting.

We might do a little bear hunting. I'll let him carry his BB gun. I think he will love it.
That's a great way to break him in. We have to gets kids involved before all the various school activities start to get in the way.