Irish Setter 12” Elk Trackers

lester2

Reaction score
So these boots have been my go to footwear for deer, moose and turkey hunting, plus working in the sugaring woods for the last 3 seasons. After sugaring this year they were in tough shape, especially the sole, the lugs and nubs were worn to the point traction was suffering. I was resigned to the fact I was going to have to shell out $200+ for a new pair when I stumbled across Red Wing Shoe’s (parent company to Irish Setter) customer service link on their web page. Long story short I sent the boots to them with $125, they paid shipping both ways and 3 weeks later I’ve got my broken in boots back wth new soles, new leather laces, and the leather cleaned and reconditioned with silicone impregnated mink oil. Couldn’t be happier, time to start taking some early morning hikes to get in shape for the fall!

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Sound like nice boots and a good deal. I may be in the market for some new boots. Would like a steel toe as I do a lot of tree work.

Wandling

Reaction score
I wear these boots also but for $50 a local boot repair shop will do all the work. I’ve had many boots repaired by him.

Latest posts