Ice fishing

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Since I’ve found my myself out of business I took the opportunity to get out ice fishing for the first time in many years. Caught a fair number of perch, bluegills and crappie. Too bad the ice is about shot.
AB803C07-4135-4A82-9E63-0BD73DDD1054.jpeg
I wound up with about a half bucket each time out, about 4 meals worth for my family. Had a fish fry tonight since it’s warm enough to cook outside.
23EB8FB4-E0C0-4FE0-9814-58C599E15BD5.jpeg

JDK

Reaction score
Very nice indeed.

IF&W opened all waters here and you don't even need a licence.

Big D

Reaction score
Nice. I wanted to go last week just to sit out in solitude and take a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately ice down south is pretty much gone. Missed 2 trips up north. One due to my own scheduling fiasco and another due to a friends hernia. He's been pretty much stuffing his guts back inside of him on a daily basis. Unfortunately for him with all that's going on he may not make it in for repairs until May.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Nice. I wanted to go last week just to sit out in solitude and take a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately ice down south is pretty much gone. Missed 2 trips up north. One due to my own scheduling fiasco and another due to a friends hernia. He's been pretty much stuffing his guts back inside of him on a daily basis. Unfortunately for him with all that's going on he may not make it in for repairs until May.
"Scheduling Fiasco"??? Is that what you call having a child? A scheduling fiasco would have been a November due date!

Big D

Reaction score
"Scheduling Fiasco"??? Is that what you call having a child? A scheduling fiasco would have been a November due date!
No. I still had the green light at home as we were still a couple weeks out. Made the mistake of rescheduling something at work to a Friday and shot the long weekend to hell.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
He's been pretty much stuffing his guts back inside of him on a daily basis. Unfortunately for him with all that's going on he may not make it in for repairs until May.
Tell, him I was stuffing them back in for years, he will be OK. 😃 The problem is when you try to stuff them in and they won't go. Then it's an emergency and they will have to do it right away.

Big D

Reaction score
Yeah October, November is a no fly zone. I've been in the heat of the moment counting months on my fingers and had to pull the ripcord so to speak.:oops: Probably TMI. May, June is also a no fly zone. I've done pretty well.:)

JDK

Reaction score
Big D

After having my second son, my father told my wife and I to buy a TV set. It was cheaper int he long run.

I fished last night. 40 inches of ice. Right to the handles on the auger. Another 1/2 inch and it is a no go without an extension.

Flatlander

Reaction score
Isn't it time for the ice to start melting ? Spring seems early here , the dafadils and forsytias are blooming. Of course we didn't have much of a winter no frost in the ground , haven't used my snow blower since mid December.

JDK

Reaction score
That is what always pissed us off. We’d have 3 feet of ice and a closed season while the rest of the state was either able to ice fish or troll.

JDK

Reaction score
To clarify. Our icefishing season was closed. We could open water fish. Ha

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Isn't it time for the ice to start melting ? Spring seems early here , the dafadils and forsytias are blooming. Of course we didn't have much of a winter no frost in the ground , haven't used my snow blower since mid December.
Same here. Will be cutting grass soon. 40" of ice is another world. lol

Big D

Reaction score
Big D

After having my second son, my father told my wife and I to buy a TV set. It was cheaper int he long run.

I fished last night. 40 inches of ice. Right to the handles on the auger. Another 1/2 inch and it is a no go without an extension.
He's a wise man.

With the new rule opening all fishing and no licenses required I assumed you could just have at it. Ice or open water included. No? I'd just chance it. The boys called from chesuncook and they were going snowsleding this weekend. I'd bet they would icefish too. Not that it matters to me as I'd really be pushing the envelope to make it up. Not the hill to die on just yet but I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind.:rolleyes:

JDK

Reaction score
Yes , you can fish now through April. Makes sense

JDK

Reaction score
32-33 inches on Eagle yesterday. Lot more snow on the ice so I think better insulation