I got on the scale this morning...

bigbore442001

Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised to see the results. Last June I weighed in at close to 290 lbs. I went on a life changing plan along with my wife. We both see our parents and the health issues they have due to excess weight.

Initially for seven days we both went on a vegetable and fruit cleanse diet. Just one week to more or less jumpstart your metabolism and reduce cravings for things that aren't the best for you.

After that my wife and I have been taking Isotonix supplements and following a low glycemic diet. She has this home based business selling their products . I should exercise more but I don't have the time with work and life issues.

This morning I got up and checked my weight.

I am at 245.4 lbs

I will be brutally honest. I feel good. As good as I did ten or more years ago. My feet do not hurt and I have more energy to do things.

Another positive is that I can hunt harder and longer.

badfisherman

Reaction score
Very cool. The older we get the harder this is to accomplish. Congrats.

WDyer

Reaction score
Exellent keep it up,
I dropped 65 lbs last year and so far I have managed to keep it off. It's a good feeling when you can tie your own boots lol.

wooly

Reaction score
Good job sticking to the plan and seeing the results!
I've always been the skinny guy trying to do just the opposite and put a few pounds on.
As much as I tried, it just never happened so I've learned to be happy where I'm at with no pressing weight related health issues.
Keep up the good work!

bmiller

Reaction score
good job bigbore same here tryin to lose but cant keep from the fried foods or sweets ,(my wife is a excellent cook)did get from 230down to 222 so a little progress
yes wooly be happy where ya at lol

kevin in nh

Reaction score
When my wife was alive we were pretty healthy eaters....but as time went on and her cancer came and went over 15 years the only thing that mattered was getting her to eat anything....and me the worse the stress the more I ate....got to 250.....but hunting kept me close to to 210/220. After Bonnie passed I didn't care if I drew another breath.....God sent me another Angel and with a little modification we eat on small plates....nice filet steak....small salad....dessert...sure....split it into to nites...never hungry....I eat a lot less of fried foods....but eat the best meat, pork and chicken pasta just smaller portions and I am never hungry....I have not been over 200 lbs in 4 years.....usually 195....moderation.....its getting started and after a short time it becomes natural....besides the upside you already have noticed...better and easier hunting and scouting!!!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Congrats on the weight loss. That's a hell of an accomplishment. I ordered a new pair of Running shoes that showed up yesterday. I quit chewing on April 6th, since then I've gained 19lbs. I'm hitting the hampster wheel tomorrow.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Way to go Bigbore!
I've got some to lose myself, I quit smoking a year and a half ago and went from a 34" waist to 36" and now the 36's are tight, fortunately, we don't have a scale.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Way to go Bigbore!
I've got some to lose myself, I quit smoking a year and a half ago and went from a 34" waist to 36" and now the 36's are tight, fortunately, we don't have a scale.
hahahahahaha that sounds like this house until last week when the wife picked up a new scale (she started back up with kick boxing class). My waist is doing the samething. I refuse to buy 38's!!! Holy shit though, I look like a husky gal trying to slip into her tight jeans for the Foghat show every morning before work. I think if I get any fatter, I'll need velcro work boots. LOL

jamiebuck

Reaction score
hahahahahaha that sounds like this house until last week when the wife picked up a new scale (she started back up with kick boxing class). My waist is doing the samething. I refuse to buy 38's!!! Holy shit though, I look like a husky gal trying to slip into her tight jeans for the Foghat show every morning before work. I think if I get any fatter, I'll need velcro work boots. LOL
Lmao iam in 36 now they seem to getting little tighter these days hopefully after the season iam going to hit some cardo up

AnthonyFowler

Reaction score
I also got very fat recently. I'll tell you now. I had a kneecap operation (a splinter was pulled out) and after that I had to undergo rehabilitation, and soon I bought a rollator transport chair from https://communityclinicassociation.org/rollator-transport-chair/ so that I could at least sometimes be in the fresh air and enjoy the outside world, and not just sit or lie down on the bed and wait for me to recover. This thing gave me the opportunity to move quietly during a difficult period in my life, so I am very grateful to her and I think that she should be at every home. I promise, one day she will help you a lot

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I also got very fat recently. I'll tell you now. I had a kneecap operation (a splinter was pulled out) and after that I had to undergo rehabilitation, and soon I bought a rollator transport chair from https://communityclinicassociation.org/rollator-transport-chair/ so that I could at least sometimes be in the fresh air and enjoy the outside world, and not just sit or lie down on the bed and wait for me to recover. This thing gave me the opportunity to move quietly during a difficult period in my life, so I am very grateful to her and I think that she should be at every home. I promise, one day she will help you a lot
How fat are you?

mowbizz

Reaction score
I never get on a scale unless at the doctor.
I have been 6’4” and 270 since high school and I could care less about my weight then and now (now about 260 and 6’2”) damned old age shrinkage...:mad:

jht2224

Reaction score

Latest posts