• No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Depends on Cost

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

ZA_Hunter

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Hunters

My Name is David Barratt, and hail from Sunny South Africa. I'm conducting some research with regards to developments in the Hunting leisure industry and would appreciate your valued input.

I would like to pose a question, Idea and Scenario to you if you would indulge me for a few minutes. Please take note that this is not a sales pitch by any means, I am merely looking to get the insight of those important to this idea, you the Hunter.

The Idea
Africa, more so, South Africa has long been the world’s foremost desirable hunting destination for every avid hunter, and for good reason. With the Dream of the Big five, and 32% of the world’s trophy hunts happening in South Africa, it has become the destination of choice for any and all discerning hunters.

Now Picture this, Owning your own “Acre of Africa”, on your own Private Game and Hunting Estate.

The Estate idea would work as follows.

Situated in the malaria free Hunting and wildlife mecca, that is the Eastern Cape of South Africa, On a Sprawling 3 000ha+ (to be determined) Game Farm, Tucked away in Spatially and Strategically identified areas of the property, for optimal privacy and that ultimate "Bushveld experience", you would find Your Investment Private Estate Residence Unit. Your Game Farm is surrounded by some of the worlds best African Hunting Farms and Reserves, all of which could also be made available for you if you so desired.

To use an Example: It would be similar to owning a residential unit on a top-class golf course estate where you would have full use of the estate’s facilities, but if you felt like playing another course in the surrounding areas it could be arranged. The same theory would apply, only instead of hitting little white balls all day, you would be stalking some of the best South Africa has to offer in Trophy hunting.

The Planning of your trip would be done long before you arrive with estate management. You would be picked up by Private shuttle at the Airport Situated close by (less than 2 hours away) ,and then personally Driven directly to your Private Game Estate and Residence, that would be Prepped and waiting to welcome you.

All your Hunting Activities would be pre-planned by the estate management team prior to your arrival, so that your schedule and itinerary run smoothly with no snags. The Estate does not have to be used for Hunting exclusively, and would boast other facilities to support families and friends that would join and not partake in the Hunting expeditions ie. Hikes, Mountain Biking, Trails etc.

During the months that you are not making use of Your Personal Investment Unit, it can be rented out as a leisure option. This will be manage by the Estate team at an additional fee over and above your levies. This will derive you a secondary income stream, helping you fund your future trips to your own Private African Hunting Game Farm.

All Peripheral post hunting services (Taxidermy etc) will be arranged an the team will make sure all is shipped accordingly.

Now Granted, this is a very broad outline of an idea we are currently working on. My Question to you would be this. Would this peak the interest of any Well respecting and Avid hunter such as your selves. Let me know

yours in hunting,

David Barratt
South Africa
[email protected]

mowbizz

Reaction score
Hello David! Africa and its mystique, I’m sure, interests many of us! In my own case, at 72 years old, I would not participate but that’s just me. A one time, reasonable cost, hunt would be for me but I hate flying and airports and crowded planes, so no go. I’ll live vicariously through the YouTube lion, buff and elephant hunts! Plains game, although fun, would not interest me. I would enjoy killing baboons…I hate monkeys! 😂
Good luck in your venture!

ZA_Hunter

Reaction score
Hi Mowbizz

Thank you for your kind response. If you tube hunting is your thing then i suggest Matt Dubber on youtube. Very good

Kind Regards

Latest posts