Hunting Gear recommendations

Debnoland

Reaction score
Looking for a good source and recommendations for the basics. I'm going for deer in SE PA for the first time this year. I would like to get suitable gear for the conditions and I would like to do it only once. Looking for feedback from you guys.
I currently have a camouflage shirt with a button and jeans. I have layers of spandex or cotton underwear for layers. So above all, I need warm clothes.
Thanks!

mowbizz

Reaction score
If there’s a Cabela’s or Bass Pro bear you, you can buy very good camo outerwear for cheap $$.
Most likely, you’ll be sitting or in a stand/blind of some sort so staying warm is key to waiting out a buck.
A ground blind is a good bet and there are some great inexpensive options that you can pop up in a couple minutes. They offer complete concealment and will keep you out of the elements.
If you are hunting a spot where you can leave it set up, all the better as the deer will acclimate to it. If not, you’ll have to pack it in and out. If sitting in the open, heavy clothes/boots are a must for an extended sit. Make sure your outerwear is weatherproof we getting soaked will ruin an outing.
What are you using for a gun/bow?

jakutran21

Reaction score
If there’s a Cabela’s or Bass Pro bear you, you can buy very good camo outerwear for cheap $$.
Most likely, you’ll be sitting or in a stand/blind of some sort so staying warm is key to waiting out a buck.
A ground blind is a good bet and there are some great inexpensive options that you can pop up in a couple minutes. They offer complete concealment and will keep you out of the elements.
If you are hunting a spot where you can leave it set up, all the better as the deer will acclimate to it. If not, you’ll have to pack it in and out. If sitting in the open, heavy clothes/boots are a must for an extended sit. Make sure your outerwear is weatherproof we getting soaked will ruin an outing.
What are you using for a gun/bow?
+1

mpacolelend

Reaction score
Actually, it depends on what kind of budget are you looking at? Most gear is about personal preference, different packs and clothes fit people differently depending on their body shape.
Look at this site https://ibc7.org/ I hope you'll learn a lot of things about hunting gear and hunting

Last edited:

Latest posts