Hunting Boots

Wandling

Reaction score
I’m in the market for a new pair of hunting boots. I have been wearing the Irish Setter Elk Tracker 1000 for four years now. They started leaking after the first year so I won’t be getting them again. The 1000 gram insulation is nice but sucks after a long walk in or if I plan on scouting etc. I have been looking at the Danner Trophy or the Danner Canadian. They look like identical boots so I’m not sure what the difference is. I’m sticking with leather boots. Any input is appreciated.

lester2

Reaction score
I’m on year five or six with my Irish Setter 200gr Elk Trackers. I treat them regularly with SnoSeal and Camp Dry, alternating between them and they’ve never leaked. If I ever replace them I’ll probly bite the bullet and go with 12” Crispi’s. I’ve got a couple of friends who wear them and nothing else and they rave about them. That said, in the five states I hunted this year from early October thru mid December I wore my uninsulated 18” lacrosse air grip burleys about 90% of the time.

hammertime

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Danner Pronghorns. Really like them. Very light, warm, and so far waterproof.

Wandling

Reaction score
I’m on year five or six with my Irish Setter 200gr Elk Trackers. I treat them regularly with SnoSeal and Camp Dry, alternating between them and they’ve never leaked. If I ever replace them I’ll probly bite the bullet and go with 12” Crispi’s. I’ve got a couple of friends who wear them and nothing else and they rave about them. That said, in the five states I hunted this year from early October thru mid December I wore my uninsulated 18” lacrosse air grip burleys about 90% of the time.
I’ve had the Irish setters for 4 seasons now. They started leaking a few years ago. I treat them with obenaufs leather care often. The reason they started leaking is the material in the gusset at the tongue is coming apart.

Wandling

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered danner Canadian today. I found a place online that had them for $355 and free shipping. I prefer to buy from local businesses but they couldn’t get them in my size. I’ll let you know what I think about them after coyote season and shed hunting this winter.

Wandling

Reaction score
My Danner Canadian arrived today. I wasn’t sure what size to order so I got the same size I wear in my Thorogood boots. They fit perfect. I put on some semi thick socks and took a one mile walk around my neighborhood. They are a bit stiff but that’s expected. I’m going coyote hunting a few nights this week so I’ll be getting a few miles on them.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I’m in the market for a new pair of hunting boots. I have been wearing the Irish Setter Elk Tracker 1000 for four years now. They started leaking after the first year so I won’t be getting them again. The 1000 gram insulation is nice but sucks after a long walk in or if I plan on scouting etc. I have been looking at the Danner Trophy or the Danner Canadian. They look like identical boots so I’m not sure what the difference is. I’m sticking with leather boots. Any input is appreciated.
Did you get new boots yet? I bought Rocky mountain stalker pros this year. They are pretty good. No complaints, except they are not good on wet floors inside. They are comfortable and light for their size of 10 inch shaft height and 800 grams insulation. I usually have to change insoles for comfort, but these were already comfortable.

Wandling

Reaction score
Did you get new boots yet? I bought Rocky mountain stalker pros this year. They are pretty good. No complaints, except they are not good on wet floors inside. They are comfortable and light for their size of 10 inch shaft height and 800 grams insulation. I usually have to change insoles for comfort, but these were already comfortable.
I bought Danner Canadian

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
My Danner Canadian arrived today. I wasn’t sure what size to order so I got the same size I wear in my Thorogood boots. They fit perfect. I put on some semi thick socks and took a one mile walk around my neighborhood. They are a bit stiff but that’s expected. I’m going coyote hunting a few nights this week so I’ll be getting a few miles on them.
Oh, I didn't notice this reply before my comment. The Rocky's I mentioned are only $226 and comfortable right out of the box. Hope you like the Canadians. I considered them, but they were to pricey to take a risk on at $420 for me.

Wandling

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't notice this reply before my comment. The Rocky's I mentioned are only $226 and comfortable right out of the box. Hope you like the Canadians. I considered them, but they were to pricey to take a risk on at $420 for me.
They have a good warranty and return policy. I’m tired of spending $250 on junk boots that don’t last very long. I hope I didn’t spend $420 on junk boots this time. If I get 5 years out of these they will be worth it.

Xbolt

Reaction score
Kenetrex. Mountain extreme havn't failed me in 6yrs & ive worn them from the tundra in canada , to the highpeaks in tbe sierra nevad's and everything in between no complaints

Wandling

Reaction score
I’ve been wearing my danners the past few nights coyote and fox hunting. I really like the outsole. It doesn’t hold mud at all.

Latest posts