Hunter shoots hunter, again

Turningleaf

Reaction score
This is tragic. I hope the hunter is ok. This has been happening a lot this year. What's up!! Know your target and what is beyond!!! This is why I like to hunt ALONE in far away places which it getting so hard to find these days.

bigbore442001

Reaction score
That is sad news indeed. One of the problems that RI has is that many hunters are crowded onto state land. RI requires written permission for hunting on private land for deer. It has been my limited experience that it is very difficult to obtain. So the net result is that state land gets hammered. This is especially so in Southern RI.

NH Native

Reaction score
That is sad news indeed. One of the problems that RI has is that many hunters are crowded onto state land. RI requires written permission for hunting on private land for deer. It has been my limited experience that it is very difficult to obtain. So the net result is that state land gets hammered. This is especially so in Southern RI.
Don't make a whole lot of difference when your friend belly shoots you.

NH Native

Reaction score
That is true. Unfortunately this incident seems to mirror a situation a few years back when a man shot his son while deer hunting.
True....You'll find this was a "driving deer, shooting buckshot into the brush without ID'ng you target" situation, though. 14,000 acres to roam around in and this happens without another person other than their party within hearing of the shot. Sad.

Time2Ride

Reaction score
That is true. Unfortunately this incident seems to mirror a situation a few years back when a man shot his son while deer hunting.
If I remember right, there were other mistakes made in that incident also. I think I remember hearing the son stripped off his orange to get through the brush better? Still not making sure of the target, but a string of errors that led to a death.

Turningleaf

Reaction score
I'm still sayin, "Know your target and what is beyond". If you have any doubts you DONT squeeze the trigger. I've been hunting for over thirty years and I still go over the ten rules of gun safety several times a year for myself and my 17 year old son. Complacency leads to lack of mental focus witch leads to careless mistakes!! Safety, Safety, Safety!

jht2224

Reaction score
Hate to hear these stories......you just can't stress gun safety enough, regardless of how much experience a hunter has.