How To Resize Your Pics For Posting Using Windows

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
A little frustration going on in posting pics due to size. I am a non techie but will attempt to show you how its done.
Its not really that hard but does take a couple steps. Doing this so the forum doesn't miss out on some great pics.

I have Windows 8.1 . Im sure its the same sequence for Win 10.
My wife has a Mac and says its not hard to do it there either, but I have never used a Mac .
So here we go !

I keep all my pics in a " Pictures " folder and all the pics are thumbnails . I would think you do also. Open the pictures folder.
Click on the pic thumbnail to view it in Windows Photo Viewer " . On the top line of the window , you will see an " OPEN " button .

Click on the OPEN button and there will be a scroll down menu. Click " PAINT " . Your pic will show up in the " PAINT " window
You will instantly know if your pic is too big if it is stretched off the screen.
On the top left corner click on the " Resize " button . A " Resize And Skew " popup will appear.

There are 2 selections on the top of this popup called " Percentage " or " Pixels " Select the " Pixels " circle.
In the same popup , there are 2 boxes under the " Pixels " circle . Horizontal and Vertical .

Select the Horizontal box and change whatever number is in it to between 1000 and 1200 . The vertical box will resize automatically.
There is no need to change it. I find the 1200 number to be the largest size allowed
If the number in the Horizontal box and the Verical box is less than 1200 then the size is good to post.

Click on the OK button on the Resize and Skew to exit the popup

Click the X button to get out of the PAINT window . Another popup will appear " Save " Dont Save " Cancel "
Click the SAVE button and the pic is ready for posting. Click the X button again to go back to your picture folder.

Its not hard to do. I can resize 4-5 pics in a min .
Resize all the pictures you want to post before you start your post.
It will make life so much easier.

Hope this helps someone .
Now Lets See Those Deer Pics ! :D

mowbizz

Reaction score
But I don’t like to resize my pics! ;)
It degrades the fine quality of my iPhone pictures!

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Actually Mow , resizing to a smaller pic to fit the screen doesn't degrade it at all.
Only degrades it if you have a very small pic and are enlarging it.

ihunt

Reaction score
A little frustration going on in posting pics due to size. I am a non techie but will attempt to show you how its done.
Its not really that hard but does take a couple steps. Doing this so the forum doesn't miss out on some great pics.

I have Windows 8.1 . Im sure its the same sequence for Win 10.
My wife has a Mac and says its not hard to do it there either, but I have never used a Mac .
So here we go !

I keep all my pics in a " Pictures " folder and all the pics are thumbnails . I would think you do also. Open the pictures folder.
Click on the pic thumbnail to view it in Windows Photo Viewer " . On the top line of the window , you will see an " OPEN " button .

Click on the OPEN button and there will be a scroll down menu. Click " PAINT " . Your pic will show up in the " PAINT " window
You will instantly know if your pic is too big if it is stretched off the screen.
On the top left corner click on the " Resize " button . A " Resize And Skew " popup will appear.

There are 2 selections on the top of this popup called " Percentage " or " Pixels " Select the " Pixels " circle.
In the same popup , there are 2 boxes under the " Pixels " circle . Horizontal and Vertical .

Select the Horizontal box and change whatever number is in it to between 1000 and 1200 . The vertical box will resize automatically.
There is no need to change it. I find the 1200 number to be the largest size allowed
If the number in the Horizontal box and the Verical box is less than 1200 then the size is good to post.

Click on the OK button on the Resize and Skew to exit the popup

Click the X button to get out of the PAINT window . Another popup will appear " Save " Dont Save " Cancel "
Click the SAVE button and the pic is ready for posting. Click the X button again to go back to your picture folder.

Its not hard to do. I can resize 4-5 pics in a min .
Resize all the pictures you want to post before you start your post.
It will make life so much easier.

Hope this helps someone .
Now Lets See Those Deer Pics ! :D
Thanks for this instruction, it worked for me and I was finally able to post picture of my deer.

longbow

Reaction score
You can also go into your pictures, right click on a picture, click edit and then resize. Then put in 50/50 in the percentage box. That will cut the size in half.