How is everyone doing?

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing with all the madness going on.

We have been fortunate so far. All our immediate family has been healthy. My wife is working from home. I am laid off, but my employer is still paying me.

Home schooling three kids has been the hardest part of this whole ordeal, but we are starting to find a rhythm.

I hope that all of you remain healthy!

groundtender

Reaction score
Thanks MH. Doing OK here. Too old for kids at home. But the worst thing for us is canceling trips to visit grandchildren. So far we are healthy and I have never made any $$ in March and April so I am used to that. It could be much worse for us, grateful that it isn’t so far.

Last edited:

tobydog

Reaction score
My family is healthy, thank god. I work from home Thurs and Fri (mon, tues, wed I close myself in my office and try hard to stay there all day) my company has been staggering us. I have never been more glad to have a job. My fiance works in a hospital so that has me worried. Trying to get her to work from home but that is easier said than done due to her dedication. Starting to hear about way too many people that either have it or have passed because if it. A co-workers father passed away last night. In short, starting to hit close to home.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Doing good here. I am retired and a caretaker at a large and mostly vacant country estate, so I don't interact with anyone. Wife is a homemaker, and my son is home from school, doing the online schooling.

Daughter is a nurse in at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston SC and barely holding onto her job due to all the layoffs with the hospital being nearly empty. My other daughter has been furloughed from Cintas Corp., but she lives with us and is getting unemployment.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

mowbizz

Reaction score
I’m retired and on SS and a pension from a career with Raytheon, and my wife, while on SS and pension from the Catholic Church where she worked for years as a musician, still does part time work for a local church (organist). She still gets paid for her musician job even though the church is closed and they have been having remote services though some type of program called zoom. She also works part time retail for a local Coach store. They are paying her 10 hours a week even though closed! Another “job” she has is playing piano/organ for a NH choir that performs concerts and THEY are also paying her as they value her talent.
Hardest thing is not being able to see my daughters and granddaughter. Thankfully, we are all healthy. My younger daughter is expecting in 6 weeks...we’ll see how that goes. My daughters are both in their 40’s so not youngsters! :D

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Good to hear people are chugging along.

We have found our grove for the most part. I work for a large Bank and have been able to work from home for the last 20 years, but usually go into the office most of the week to check in with people. Staying at home isnt glorious, but work hasnt changed that much. Wife is the CEO for a mid sized company which typically has a shoe string budget, so she’s doing what she can to keep things going, avoiding layoffs, etc. Not sure what the future will bring on that front. 2 kids homeschooling, 11 and 7. For the most part they do pretty well.

Got plenty of moose, birds, and food and supplies. I pretty much drink everyday and I am swelling up like a fat tick. Starting to jog a d walk again to keep sane, but the ticks are so friggin bad here this year we can’t even walk out back without pulling 10 of them off of us, dog, etc.

Sold my boat so I can’t even fish right now! Looking forward to hunting season.

Stay Healthy everyone.

TheMule

Reaction score
We are working from home but I don't have much work to do now that everything is at a standstill. I don't like to sit still much around the house so I have been keeping busy.
I have been overseeing schoolwork for 2 boys (middle and high school). The homeschooling is so hard. It's getting better but everything feels rushed and unorganized.
I rebuilt a section of retaining wall in my backyard.
I built a big cold frame for my seedlings, harvested a crop of spinach and planted another.
Ordered some more chickens from the farm. I'm going to hatch the eggs this time. Figure I have plenty of time for it now.
I cleaned the basement
I washed the dog
I think I might tie some flies.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
We are doing fine. My wife is a teacher so she is a bit stressed out having to reinvent the wheel so to speak. The homeschooling of two kids has been a learning curve in time management. It took awhile for everyone to get a system implemented but I think we are close now. I used to work from home 1 or 2 days a week so no big change going to 5. It actually affords me more time to work on the house with no commute time. Longer daylight hours are also helping to get the exterior work wrapped up. I would love to make a trip up to camp in the very near future, its been too long.

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
Life is pretty smooth here. Working 1 day per week, plus teaching a college class online. My girlfriend (not married, together 13 years) at work two days per week.
Wrapping up sugaring in the next few days, then will have to clean up.
Living in fairly rural area, it has been pretty quiet.
Been reading a bunch, running/walking, waiting on ramps/fiddleheads.
Had the rod out a couple times without any success. I might range a little further afield next week and start some scouting...we'll see.

arlow

Reaction score
Doing well so far. Wife and I are both still working. Kids, 14 and 16 are kicking butt still with their school work. We sneak out once a week or so to catch some trout. Missing normal life but grateful everyone is healthy.

Browseline

Reaction score
Doing fine here. I made a trip to the store this last Tuesday. First time I have gone anywhere in about 28 or so days, I think. Getting a lot done around the house. Got all the lawns cleaned up, wood piles all set for the next 2 or more years, cut some brush, a little interior painting and spending some time in my woodworking shop dubbing around mostly. I am pretty much retired now, only working a couple months in the summer, so I am not being hurt financially by the virus. Grateful for that, as I know quite a few people who it will take a year or more to dig themselves out of this mess. It doesn't look like I will get up to camp in Maine and do any antler hunting when the snow is gone. It is too far for a day trip up and back and the two guys I would go with have high risk members in their family so they won't be going either.

Big D

Reaction score
Doing well here. Actually looking forward to going back to work next week after a month off. Eating way too much with big breakfasts, lunch, and dinners. Drinking too much beer too. Amazingly the scale says I weigh pretty much the same as before. Not sure how. I'm feeling pretty lethargic though. As someone else mentioned, I'm seeing a bunch of wildlife around the house too. Just a product of putting in more window time lately. Getting back to the work routine will be nice even though it's going to be quite a bit different than before. Well wishes to everyone out there.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I am getting by here with three kids (21, 18, 14), they are doing plenty of schooling. My wife and dogs want the quiet house back. I work in the city (NYC) but have been home for several weeks. I have not been this busy since 2008 for work - 10-12 hrs a day on the phone, 7 days per week. While my immediate family is healthy this disease unfortunately has come close to home. I have lost friends and colleagues. Some have recovered, several still sick some in hospitals and on O2. Keep safe everyone! Can't wait to head north this fall!

Grandkid

Reaction score
All is well here. My work isn't affected to date and my wife has been retired for about a year. My grown children are doing fine as are my young grandkids. Looking forward to normalcy and some shooting, salmon fishing and then deer season again. It will be here soon.

Roger-

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
All is well here. My work isn't affected to date and my wife has been retired for about a year. My grown children are doing fine as are my young grandkids. Looking forward to normalcy and some shooting, salmon fishing and then deer season again. It will be here soon.

Roger-
Where are you hunting up in Maine this year? What are your plans?

Flatlander

Reaction score
I'm getting used to my isolation routine. Go for a morning walk with the dogs. Work on the honey do list. Got most of the spring prep on the boat done.The boat is getting repowered the first week of May . When it's raining I tie flys.

Grandkid

Reaction score
Where are you hunting up in Maine this year? What are your plans?
Back up there again for the first week with Hal. I have lots more to learn and I couldn't pass up on the opportunity. I hope to shoot a big one and if I don't score on a big one (bigger than last season) I will plan continuing to hunt Maine and NH every chance I get.

Roger-

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Back up there again for the first week with Hal. I have lots more to learn and I couldn't pass up on the opportunity. I hope to shoot a big one and if I don't score on a big one (bigger than last season) I will plan continuing to hunt Maine and NH every chance I get.

Roger-
Good luck a Roger. Maybe I’ll bump into you this season as Im across the street for Nov at the farm and occasionally pop in to the lodge.

Reactions: JDK