How do these guys do it?

Big D

Reaction score
You must be talking about the Russell Bros. Good crew from what i've heard. :)
I think they may have mentioned something about scale issues though. ;)
If not my hats off to them. They've been doing what I've been trying to do for 20 years.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
That would have been my guess, results are about the same.
I've heard of the Taft's.

I went to high school with two brothers who breathed hunting. Their father was an excellent hunter who taught them everything he knew. They hunt everything. Bobcat, coyote, deer, bear, coon, squirrel.

No joke, these two are the best hunters I know. They consistently shoot nice bucks in VT, NH, ME, and the Adirondacks every season.
They also take a whole month off which helps.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Listen, if you happen to run into these ghost hunters, tell them to give me a call, I've been a little dry on finding 250 pound bucks the last few years.,.. ;)

VTHunter08

Reaction score
I have a camp up there and im hour and 15 min from that area. I, 100 % agree. Like i said, these are their #s

2011- 241, 262
2012- 228, 242
2013- 232, 249
2014- 240, 227
2015- 230, 229
2016- 252, 244
2017 - 236, 226
2018 - 217, 242
2019 - 233, 245
2020 - 257,
217? . . . . 217?! god these guys piss me off! don't they know if they shoot the little ones we'll never get big ones??? haha :ROFLMAO:

pretty impressive list!

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Couldn't find any names that matched up with your list on The Maine Sportsman website but those are some incredible numbers!

JDK

Reaction score
They are ghosts. Absolutely nothing. Never heard anything about them and no where to be found on the internet.

This is part of the reason. They (my opinion as I have no idea who they are) are very good hunters that are not caught up in the speculation, jealousy, or general BS that goes on on the internet. They also don't sound like they are internet heroes or want to be.

My guess, they spend a lot of time in those areas in the summer scouting and have a network of intel.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
This is part of the reason. They (my opinion as I have no idea who they are) are very good hunters that are not caught up in the speculation, jealousy, or general BS that goes on on the internet. They also don't sound like they are internet heroes or want to be.

My guess, they spend a lot of time in those areas in the summer scouting and have a network of intel.
Or their family owns an apple orchard. 😂

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
When I was growing up, people always claimed the Benoits were cheaters too. Maybe people still claim that. I don't know much about Maine, but I'd think it would be hard to get deer like that even if a guy was spotlighting over bait. Thats incredible.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
When I was growing up, people always claimed the Benoits were cheaters too. Maybe people still claim that. I don't know much about Maine, but I'd think it would be hard to get deer like that even if a guy was spotlighting over bait. Thats incredible.
The stories I used to hear of them is that they would dog deer day and night, stick on them until they could catch them in the daylight.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
What's their name. If you know they were listed in the 80s and 90s, you know who they are.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Theoretically if you had a couple thousand acres food plots with swamps and mountains you should be able to get deer like that every year I would think. Still wouldn’t be easy. You would think even with that you would come up short a year or two though.

JDK

Reaction score
There used to be a group of guys from Vermont that hunted Allagash and points north and west each year. The number of big to huge deer they hung each year was downright impressive. I have no idea how they did it but speculation and jealousy ran rampant around them. I never heard anything credible about them being illegal and the point is they did it while others couldn't.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Maybe they also hunt where the deer are rather than where they want to to be (my problem)???? I have no idea.
Yeah, I was joking and yes I’m jealous. I know a few guys in Jackman that are not famous, they just hunt hard and know the deer movements year round and shoot a smasher every year. I see where they hunt it’s no secret, they just always connect with them. I think the key to these guys even though they hunt all month, is putting themselves in high % areas all the time and are efficient.

Latest posts