How are your grocery shelves?

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
The grocery store shelves are always empty around here! When will it rebound?
How are the supply shelves around you?

mowbizz

Reaction score
No problems here in central NH west of winni…

hammertime

Reaction score
Haven't been for a bit. Wife does the grocery gettin. She hasn't commented on it. It helps that the freezers are full. We slaughtered our pig early October, got a Moose mid October, and two deer in November

Browseline

Reaction score
Shelves are well stocked here at Hannaford's in Central VT near the NH border. I have noticed in the last year that some of the younger employees have left and the people that have replaced them seem to be much older. Maybe coming out of retirement and working part time. Like Longbow says, prices have gone up on almost everything.

tobydog

Reaction score
Shelves are well stocked here at Hannaford's in Central VT near the NH border. I have noticed in the last year that some of the younger employees have left and the people that have replaced them seem to be much older. Maybe coming out of retirement and working part time. Like Longbow says, prices have gone up on almost everything.
That's interesting. The Hannaford in my town is hit or miss as far as availability on pretty much everything. They have been since the start of covid, while others were more reliable. Now none of them are reliable. Prices increasing everywhere. Spending $100 at a grocery store is not the same as it used to be.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
That's interesting. The Hannaford in my town is hit or miss as far as availability on pretty much everything. They have been since the start of covid, while others were more reliable. Now none of them are reliable. Prices increasing everywhere. Spending $100 at a grocery store is not the same as it used to be.
With Hannaford’s that I’ve been to it may depend on the time of day that you go. I’ve seen shelves bare in the morning g and semi full in the afternoons or Vice versa. The toilet paper were down to the Hannaford brand the last time I went and they had 1/2 rolls selling for what the larger rolls did in the past. Get ready for food prices to rocket if the prices in this photo are accurate. I’ve heard they are. Fertilizer and Glysophate are the two main ingredients in growing our crops.

A2ECAB6C-C5E3-4AC9-9CE9-AD4363C7FE14.jpeg

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
With Hannaford’s that I’ve been to it may depend on the time of day that you go. I’ve seen shelves bare in the morning g and semi full in the afternoons or Vice versa. The toilet paper were down to the Hannaford brand the last time I went and they had 1/2 rolls selling for what the larger rolls did in the past. Get ready for food prices to rocket if the prices in this photo are accurate. I’ve heard they are. Fertilizer and Glysophate are the two main ingredients in growing our crops.

View attachment 25845
Wow, that is crazy!

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
The picture and the prices are real . I watched a farmer being interviewed quoting those prices . But thats not the only rising costs for them. The cost of fuel for the machinery and the machinery itself have skyrocketed . The labor costs have soared even IF you can find someone willing to work . The sad part is those crops are traded in the futures market which could destabilize the rising costs . If sold too low the farmers will go out of business. Especially the smaller operations . The farmer claims they need at least a 25-30 percent rise in the futures market just to cover the higher production costs .

mowbizz

Reaction score
And from the poop on the web, the chi-coms are buying up farmland like it’s going out of style…I can’t verify this, of course…☹️

Latest posts