Hi NH Archery hunters.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
How has the hunting been since bow season began?
What have you seen?
Where you successful?

mowbizz

Reaction score
I think they (we) would have posted if they (we) were successful! 🤔 Been way too warm for my taste. Soon, grasshopper!😑

NH Hunter

Reaction score
How has the hunting been since bow season began?
What have you seen?
Where you successful?
It's certainly slow in here for posts. Not a single archery deer kill yet in the 3rd week of the season is unheard of in years past.

In my town, it doesn't seem like that many guys are in the woods. I'm not seeing many trucks on the side of the road.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
It's certainly slow in here for posts. Not a single archery deer kill yet in the 3rd week of the season is unheard of in years past.

In my town, it doesn't seem like that many guys are in the woods. I'm not seeing many trucks on the side of the road.
Thank you for your feedback and report. That is odd. I have seen reports of a lot of mosquitos harassing bow hunters. However, most archery hunters know about Thermacell's, and the consensus is that they do work. So, yah, it's strange.

benny8

Reaction score
I've been out sitting with Sarah, her with the crossbow and I with the camcorder, and lets just say that my filming subjects have consisted of a pair of porkies and a patridge. Been seeing them on camera, just can't seem to connect the dots. There was a nice one taken in a town over from where we hunt. A stud of an 8 point that dressed out at 218 I believe. His picture was on the Morses FB page.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I checked my cams yesterday. 1 coyote on the 9th and the 5 point that is hanging with a doe moving slowly through the pouring rain on 9/28. Shouldn’t the bucks be hanging together by now? This little 5 point is always with the doe (possibly his mommy?)
Zero scrape activity even though I have put out “branch butter” and “extreme interest” scents. My brother in Grafton has found rubs and scrapes in his areas. Has seen or jumped a few in his travels. No shot situations yet.
One thing I found unusual was one screen window was opened on my ground blind and my swivel chair was tipped over. 🧐

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I checked my cams yesterday. 1 coyote on the 9th and the 5 point that is hanging with a doe moving slowly through the pouring rain on 9/28. Shouldn’t the bucks be hanging together by now? This little 5 point is always with the doe (possibly his mommy?)
Zero scrape activity even though I have put out “branch butter” and “extreme interest” scents. My brother in Grafton has found rubs and scrapes in his areas. Has seen or jumped a few in his travels. No shot situations yet.
One thing I found unusual was one screen window was opened on my ground blind and my swivel chair was tipped over. 🧐
Raccoon maybe?

lester2

Reaction score
Scouted a spot in west central Maine yesterday not far from the NH state line. Found several fresh scrapes and rubs. Made a mock scrape nearby and hung a camera. We’ll see what’s on it when we head up the first week of rifle season.

benny8

Reaction score
I have two out of three mock scrapes that are doctored up with branch butter and extreme interest that are getting hit quite frequently. One is getting a lot of doe action, with a couple 1.5 year olds freshening and working the licking branch. Same scrape has been frequented by 2 different mature bucks but not consistently. There is a ton of feed out there, though. Lots of acorns and apples and a bumper crop of beech nuts.

nhbowhunter

Reaction score
Don’t know…a bear would have done more damage. I had a cam near the blind but it took all Blackened out pics so I canned it. 2 cams this year doing the same…🤨
I've had to cams die on me this year. My browning is burning through batteries but no photos and my Stealth Cam take non-stop videos or photos until the card is full.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I have two out of three mock scrapes that are doctored up with branch butter and extreme interest that are getting hit quite frequently. One is getting a lot of doe action, with a couple 1.5 year olds freshening and working the licking branch. Same scrape has been frequented by 2 different mature bucks but not consistently. There is a ton of feed out there, though. Lots of acorns and apples and a bumper crop of beech nuts.
Sounds like your scrapes are doing well!
I’m in an extremely low deer density area…I’ll make do as my mobility is limited. The rut is my best chance as mature bucks will cross through (hopefully!)
The trick is to be out there when they do! Good luck to you and yours!

benny8

Reaction score
Sounds like your scrapes are doing well!
I’m in an extremely low deer density area…I’ll make do as my mobility is limited. The rut is my best chance as mature bucks will cross through (hopefully!)
The trick is to be out there when they do! Good luck to you and yours!
Good Luck to you as well!

Latest posts