Hey Longbow!

Gwlambo

Reaction score
What a massive buck. They grow their racks quickly down here. After Hurricane Ida came through we lost a whole ton of deer here (Morris County) to EHD. This happened after Irene or Sandy many years back too. You can smell them rotting near the swampy areas. I have found 6 dead deer in the woods. Two were nice 8 pointers, both racks outside the ears. I was surprised how small one of the deer was from a body perspective. A beautiful dark racked 8 pointer and I bet he wouldn't have weighed 150#, probably just a 1 1/2-2 1/2 year old.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
What a massive buck. They grow their racks quickly down here. After Hurricane Ida came through we lost a whole ton of deer here (Morris County) to EHD. This happened after Irene or Sandy many years back too. You can smell them rotting near the swampy areas. I have found 6 dead deer in the woods. Two were nice 8 pointers, both racks outside the ears. I was surprised how small one of the deer was from a body perspective. A beautiful dark racked 8 pointer and I bet he wouldn't have weighed 150#, probably just a 1 1/2-2 1/2 year old.
Yes, some people are finding dozens of them dead on some properties. I found a dead buck in August without a mark on it on one spot that I hunt. Have not been back to that spot yet. My others spots appear to be OK as of now.

Xbolt

Reaction score
high 160's maybe, 170ish dont truely know
im not really one that gets hung up on antler size if its, legal and i have a, tag for it and it presents a shot its dead
Ive got a few, deer) both mule & whitetail and, , and more then a few, elk, people tell. Me i should get, scored but just not something im into

Last edited:

Latest posts