Hey Longbow!

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
This deer inspired me to think of you. It is a NJ buck taken last evening and is 230 FD. No scores yet. What is your score estimate? 1633813971917.jpeg

Gwlambo

Reaction score
What a massive buck. They grow their racks quickly down here. After Hurricane Ida came through we lost a whole ton of deer here (Morris County) to EHD. This happened after Irene or Sandy many years back too. You can smell them rotting near the swampy areas. I have found 6 dead deer in the woods. Two were nice 8 pointers, both racks outside the ears. I was surprised how small one of the deer was from a body perspective. A beautiful dark racked 8 pointer and I bet he wouldn't have weighed 150#, probably just a 1 1/2-2 1/2 year old.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
What a massive buck. They grow their racks quickly down here. After Hurricane Ida came through we lost a whole ton of deer here (Morris County) to EHD. This happened after Irene or Sandy many years back too. You can smell them rotting near the swampy areas. I have found 6 dead deer in the woods. Two were nice 8 pointers, both racks outside the ears. I was surprised how small one of the deer was from a body perspective. A beautiful dark racked 8 pointer and I bet he wouldn't have weighed 150#, probably just a 1 1/2-2 1/2 year old.
Yes, some people are finding dozens of them dead on some properties. I found a dead buck in August without a mark on it on one spot that I hunt. Have not been back to that spot yet. My others spots appear to be OK as of now.

Latest posts