Here We Go Fella's

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
I'm taking a little different approach this year...I'm just going to chase some snow. I might be in the burg for thanksgiving week if there's snow in the forecast, I might even hunt Maine for the first time since college if things work out. But I'm not booking anything at all, and am looking forward to going where the wind takes me...

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm taking a little different approach this year...I'm just going to chase some snow. I might be in the burg for thanksgiving week if there's snow in the forecast, I might even hunt Maine for the first time since college if things work out. But I'm not booking anything at all, and am looking forward to going where the wind takes me...
Not a bad idea if you have the flexibility.

medrhunter

Reaction score
Changing it up a bit this year.
Starting Thursday week 2 going till Friday week 3.
Good friends daughter's wedding on Sat screwed me up this year.
Hopefully it will be the lucky combo.

Might be nice to have that Sunday in the middle to sleep in and recalibrate anyway

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Or where Duke tells you to go. :)
Good luck this fall Pete.

Meatseeker

Reaction score
I like that approach. I'll be in PA for the first week of gun season. Right now its archery season in MA. I'll hit mornings and evenings at local spots intermittently for the next two weeks.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Changing it up a bit this year.
Starting Thursday week 2 going till Friday week 3.
Good friends daughter's wedding on Sat screwed me up this year.
Hopefully it will be the lucky combo.

Might be nice to have that Sunday in the middle to sleep in and recalibrate anyway
That Sunday idea is such a great thought. The idea of spending a day in camp is so appealing; sleeping in, cooking, shooting, checking out an area or two, restring the legs, a couple cold beers (for those of us that partake), a football game... I know I would wake up and drive to NH in the dark to see if I can find a cork there.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Coincidentally I’m thinking along the same lines this year. Probably taking some long weekends versus the 9 day stretch that way I can be more flexible and chase snow. If the snow isn’t there early I’ll save the days for a longer stretch at the end of the season and may hit Maine for part of muzzleloader week.

MGK

Reaction score
I know weather can change in the snap of a finger but the forecast isn’t very favorable for snow.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
I have to put in vacation time at work ahead of time. The past two years northern, NH has has snow this coming weekend. I have tomorrow and Friday off. I'm on the fence about driving all the way north to hunt based on sign I saw last year while tracking, or just drive over from my house and hunt the White Mountains instead. I don't believe anywhere in NH is going to have snow.

Pine-lock

Reaction score
Coincidentally I’m thinking along the same lines this year. Probably taking some long weekends versus the 9 day stretch that way I can be more flexible and chase snow. If the snow isn’t there early I’ll save the days for a longer stretch at the end of the season and may hit Maine for part of muzzleloader week.
I'm a huge fan of the multiple long weekend approach and have been doing it for years. A warm week, or leaves still being up or a big storm wont ruin your whole trip this way. I'm heading North tonight to get my first go at it for the season. I will say getting news from guys that are up there already and had chosen to hunt the whole first week has made for a distracting couple of work days.

Huntermc6

Reaction score
I know weather can change in the snap of a finger but the forecast isn’t very favorable for snow.
I'm seeing the same across most of Western Maine. The only precipitation in the forecast is late next week and it looks like it's being dragged in by a warm front. That's over a week away though so it could and probably will change.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Exactly what my crew is thinking. If Thanksgiving week doesn't look snowy in Coos county, I won't burn all my time there - I'll just hunt GMNF instead... but use those days off in Maine for ML season, even if I have to drive pretty far north to find it.

Latest posts