Here We Go Fella's

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
Good luck to everyone on Saturday. Stay safe, enjoy your time in the woods. I do. I feel blessed to be able to get out in the woods. I always remember my first time hunting with my dad. I think I was about 12. I remember being able to barely go to sleep that night, but to my surprise, my father coming in to me and my brother's room and him whispering in my ear that it was time to get up.
I came down stairs to a crackling fire in the wood stove, and the dim glare of the kitchen stove, and my father having cooked us bacon and eggs and fried potatoes and.........coffee! It was the first time I had ever been allowed to have it.
The day was overcast and damp, and we didn't see anything.....but I will always remember coming down from my room and n a hunter's breakfast on the table.,
My best to you all.......

skinner

Reaction score
my brother who passed in feb was a deer hunter was home for a month of nov from Korea and hunted almost every day with his buddies and little brother bugged him every day about going hunting. I believe I was in the 4th grade so finally on his last day of hunting with his buddies he said to me come on and we went out back of our farmhouse, we could still see the house thru the trees. he shot a very nice 8 point buck, do not remember the weight but never forgot the hunt

Huntermc6

Reaction score
Good luck all! Slow first day for me and my father, with all the rain we ended up quitting before the end of legal hours. Soaked to the bone and had enough. Looks like this coming week and weekend will have better weather.

Latest posts