Henry Single Shot Rifle

JDK

Reaction score
Anyone have one? I have no idea why but I want a 30-30. Reading mixed reviews about the trigger but an easy fix.

I saw one in 243 and the wood was very impressive.

JDK

Reaction score
I have zero need for one but thought it would be neat. The 243 I looked at was pretty nice. Heavier than what I would have expected but an outstanding looking stock. 243 and 308 seems fairly common.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I have zero need for one but thought it would be neat. The 243 I looked at was pretty nice. Heavier than what I would have expected but an outstanding looking stock. 243 and 308 seems fairly common.
Sorta like giving yourself a " Get Well Soon " present . The same thing Longbow did buying himself that Browning Bar Carbine to help him heal faster from the hernia surgery. :)

Big D

Reaction score
I think there is a Tundra with my name on it sitting in Augusta. No new rifles for a long time.;)
+2?? I guess. You should be looking at the Expedition. That's the way I'm going if I can figure out a way Im going to use it more than 3 times a year.

Junebugg2.0

Reaction score
Getting a Tundra huh...you won't know what to do with all your spare time...not having to take it to the shop.

JDK

Reaction score
Full disclosure. My Ford is a salvage title truck.

I'll not bash Ford at all and I liked it, except for the off road performance. Unfortunately in the last year it basically fell apart before my eyes. Rusted out from the bumper to the tail gate, rocker panels gone, lower doors gone, both bumpers rusted, and tailgate rusted. Can't tell you how many can of rubberized undercoating I put in places to try to stop it.

What bothered me the most was the dreaded rough idle that was cold start only at the beginning to all of the time and the misfire code. I'm burning 2-3 quarts of oil per 1000 miles. Now I'm also burning (losing) antifreeze. Three separate mechanics said to run it until it blows up. That is fine in downtown Caribou. Not so fine 1/2 way to Big Eagle. Also beginning to have transmission and electrical issues (OK I've had electrical from the start). Individually all of the issues could be fixed (I tried with the engine part hence the 3 mechanics), but collectively is too far gone to put that amount into a 147,000 mile salvage title truck.

It is to the point where I don't trust it anymore as a daily driver. We'll see about Toyota. I'm betting I can break something on it too.

Just an FYI, Ford is offering free puppies with each new truck. They figure you need someone to walk home with......:)

groundtender

Reaction score
Full disclosure. My Ford is a salvage title truck.

I'll not bash Ford at all and I liked it, except for the off road performance. Unfortunately in the last year it basically fell apart before my eyes. Rusted out from the bumper to the tail gate, rocker panels gone, lower doors gone, both bumpers rusted, and tailgate rusted. Can't tell you how many can of rubberized undercoating I put in places to try to stop it.

What bothered me the most was the dreaded rough idle that was cold start only at the beginning to all of the time and the misfire code. I'm burning 2-3 quarts of oil per 1000 miles. Now I'm also burning (losing) antifreeze. Three separate mechanics said to run it until it blows up. That is fine in downtown Caribou. Not so fine 1/2 way to Big Eagle. Also beginning to have transmission and electrical issues (OK I've had electrical from the start). Individually all of the issues could be fixed (I tried with the engine part hence the 3 mechanics), but collectively is too far gone to put that amount into a 147,000 mile salvage title truck.

It is to the point where I don't trust it anymore as a daily driver. We'll see about Toyota. I'm betting I can break something on it too.

Just an FYI, Ford is offering free puppies with each new truck. They figure you need someone to walk home with......:)
. This isn’t necessarily a suggestion, but I will dare to say that you could probably find a used Tundra with similar mileage as the Ford that is in good condition, runs perfectly, and is dependable. I recently sold a good running every day ‘02 Tundra with 217,000 miles and picked up an ‘07 with 98,000 miles, 5.7 L V8. We’ll see who lasts longer...me or it. I believe you will like a Tundra.

JDK

Reaction score
Wetwool knows I don't jump into any purchase. Heck I barely crawl.

I did look at a ton of used Tundras for the last 6 months. I didn't look at anything that old or with that high a mileage. 2014 was my bottom limit and 60K the top end for miles. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple of 14's. Truth be told, for $3000 more I got a 2020 and a 10 year 150,000 mile warranty.

Big D

Reaction score
+2?? I guess. You should be looking at the Expedition. That's the way I'm going if I can figure out a way Im going to use it more than 3 times a year.
Sorry. I thought you were talking snowsleds. Is that the standard warranty on those trucks? Pretty damn good if it is.

Reactions: JDK

JDK

Reaction score
Sorry. I thought you were talking snowsleds. Is that the standard warranty on those trucks? Pretty damn good if it is.

It is not. Charlie's special.

JDK

Reaction score
Put a deposit down. Hope I live long enough to actually see it.