Hello all

Full Rut

Reaction score
Hi fellow hunters,
I must say I am quite intimidated by all of you great hunters. I am a patient hunter who spends almost every daylight hour in the woods during the season and every chance I get before and after season. Rifle and muzzle are my choice however I do bow hunt, but mostly to relax and wear off the stress from work. (I don't put in the effort that bow hunting requires so my expectations are lower)
I have been reading a lot of the posts and enjoy your comment, not to mention I may learn a few things. A bit about myself;
My name is Dale, I'm 32(ish) married to a beautiful woman. We have an 8 year old son. We live in a small central VT town where hunting was crazy in the early 80's. It has since been pounded by poachers and many hunters. Greatly reducing the local herd. A great deal of my hunting is close to my house. (Theres something about setting up, tracking, harvesting and dragging a deer home without ever stepping inside your truck.)
Unlike all of you though, I do not have the same success rate. My walls are not loaded with trophies. I have shot some medium sized bucks, and does, but I am still dreaming of the day I can drag home a deer my son can brag to his friends about.
I'm still learn how to find big bucks, and the art of tracking as we all. I think most of lack of success is due to hunting in areas where no big bucks live. (I have posted another message in the NH forum requesting some help in finding NH and Maine bucks.

Thank you all for allowing me to listen in and learn something. I will use all of your advice, and probably pass most of it on to son Shayde.

Thank you very much,

Good luck to all !!
Full Rut

lil John

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Full Rut, I'm glad you found us.
First let me say, You should not feel intimidated. We are all just like you. Sure some here have taken a big buck or two, but most of us are watching and learning, inluding myself.
I have shot my share of deer, but I still haven't taken that 200 + lb. buck we all dream about.
Welcome again, and get that boy out in the woods with you, soon he'll have a deer of his own to brag about.

Smokem

Reaction score
Welcome to the camp Full Rut. Like Lil John said we are just like you. Except woodseye he may be superhuman.

janc

Uber Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome full rut. At least you took the first step by posting here, therefore we expect more. Definately don't be intimidated, a hunter is a hunter whether your succesful or not. I'm just as proud of all my deer, smaller ones and larger ones.
Have a great time posting here and hopefully you can share some knowledge with us.

shaman

Reaction score
Shucks! You're just another one like us-- frustrated cervid serial killers, one and all. About this time of year, our necks start getting thick and we get real irritable, and we start knocking over small saplings with our heads.

I think your only problem is that you haven't gotten one of those fancy Buckmaster 2000 time machines. Once you get one of those, you'll be able to get all those big bucks you missed back in the 80's. The next time somebody says "You should have seen the one I tagged back in . . ."; you'll be ready. I think Cabelas carrys them.

I'd let you borrow mine, but it's on the fritz.

hemlock

Reaction score
Welcome Full Rut, glad to have you here. We all have different experience levels, or at least different kinds of experiences. This is a great place to share them and learn from each other. Welcome aboard.

Davey

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Full Rut, what a bunch of great boys we have here. Any good stories or pics ?

Davey

DeerMeadowFarm

Reaction score
Welcome Full Rut! Don’t be intimidated by us, most of us are just like you. Visit, read, learn, and share your stories/experiences.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!! No need to be intimidated by anybody around here. Just regular folks... DL

Full Rut

Reaction score
thanks

Geez what a bunch of humble guys.

Thanks for making me feel welcome, I really apprecite it. maybe some day I can help one of you drag out a monster.

Rut

(Go Red Sox!)

Birdog428

Reaction score
Rut,

Glad to have you aboard. "Humble"? Maybe so, and now that you're one of us you'll soon learn that its hard to humble when you know your great! We may not be the sharpest tacks in the box, but we're honest in our pursuits and love the outdoors. Given that, it sounds as though you're among friends and that we have gained likewise.

Mike

magman

Reaction score
Welcome

Howdy, FullRut
With that screen name I know you're just one of the guy's

Let us know more about some of your hunts, good or bad, thats how we all learn. I have only been here for a couple of weeks myself and have picked up a few tips and am really enjoying it.
So keep on posting!!! Glad to have you.
Tom

woodseye

Reaction score
Hey FullRut.......Welcome aboard! Think you'll like it here and hope you continue to post and let us in on some of your hunting experiences. Nobody here is anything special.......just a bunch of hunters all sharing tips and experiences with each other and having some fun

woods

Latest posts