Heavy WV Deer

Wandling

Reaction score
Here’s a huge bodied deer for my area. I’m not sure what he weighs but a 185 pound deer where I live is a giant. Most mature bucks are in the 150-170 pound range. I got a 5 year old a couple years ago that was 140. My buddy got 6 and 7 year old bucks the last two years that were maybe 150 pounds. I’m thinking this buck will be 180-190. Not much of a rack but I’d be thrilled to get him.

9157C70E-692E-4212-84CE-A287A2CAD15F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wandling

Reaction score
Could have several nice long points sticking up. Sometimes when they turn there head it's like WHOA!
That would be nice too. We have at least 10 Pope and young bucks on the public property that I know about as long as they didn’t die last year.

Wandling

Reaction score
Here’s another buck (two bucks side by side) the one in the back I believe is a mainframe 10 with two stickers that we were after last year. He disappeared after September. He was only a 3 year old last year. Not very wide at all. Maybe 14” but a big frame.

47EC69BD-6F98-4286-9BEA-7FF9643DDF94.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill/NH

Reaction score
My oldest grandson is now a sophomore at West Virginia University!!!! What this means is that he can have his own rig down there and live off campus. What it really means barring scholastic achievement is that he has a place to store his bow, flyfishing gear and other personal items he couldn't have as a freshmen. He scoped out places last year using his bike, now he is getting ready for the hunt. I think that NH boy is going to get a WV archery deer or at least have a great opportunity according to pics he has sent me!!!! Go Mountaineers!!!!

ahmoore

Reaction score
He def stands out as a heavyweight! I know what you're saying as I hunted along the VA and W VA border years ago. I have a couple pics of big ones just like your first one and people thought the same w/ being over 200. I later gave more thought to the fact that northern bucks are larger overall body frame wise, so I backed off my guesstimates and agree w/ weight ranges you described. However, the potential is certainly there, so good luck getting him and then we'll now like NDH said!

Wandling

Reaction score
He def stands out as a heavyweight! I know what you're saying as I hunted along the VA and W VA border years ago. I have a couple pics of big ones just like your first one and people thought the same w/ being over 200. I later gave more thought to the fact that northern bucks are larger overall body frame wise, so I backed off my guesstimates and agree w/ weight ranges you described. However, the potential is certainly there, so good luck getting him and then we'll now like NDH said!
My biggest so far is 190 pounds from my 17 acres in Ohio. 1A8FA175-51D6-4C17-8DBC-7F15FBE4CD84.jpeg

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
My oldest grandson is now a sophomore at West Virginia University!!!! What this means is that he can have his own rig down there and live off campus. What it really means barring scholastic achievement is that he has a place to store his bow, flyfishing gear and other personal items he couldn't have as a freshmen. He scoped out places last year using his bike, now he is getting ready for the hunt. I think that NH boy is going to get a WV archery deer or at least have a great opportunity according to pics he has sent me!!!! Go Mountaineers!!!!
I went to W.Virginia Wesleyan for my first two years. Used to ride my bike to hunt. Did pretty good. Then I met a friend there who let me borrow his car. (y)

Wandling

Reaction score
He could be pushing over 200 did you get a Sideview of that rack?
I think this is the same deer but I’m not sure. I went to pull the camera today and it was stolen.

Attachments

• 15D1D3E9-138F-4FFC-9637-AB6E240CB078.jpeg
    15D1D3E9-138F-4FFC-9637-AB6E240CB078.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 14

Wandling

Reaction score
I hope that's not him. Not too impressive from the side. To bad about the camera. Stolen off of private property?
Public property The camera actually belongs to the game warden I hunt with. He sent a message to the person he thinks stole it. I’m guessing the camera will be back later today.

Latest posts