Heading to KY

ojibwa

Reaction score
Next year.:bowsmiley: ...I have been talking to a brand new outfitter in KY just a few miles from where I usually go... seems like a quality operation and I know the area holds some monsters ,if fact I have hunted on one of his farms in the past .. we are still trying to firm up the best dates thinking second week in sept.. but might switch to first week of Nov, luckily he is flexible...

jht2224

Reaction score
We have been going to KY for the last 4 hrs and have had great success. We hunt the first week of rifle and the late muzzle loader, we will be there again this yr.

ojibwa

Reaction score
I have a friend who is an outfitter in Lawrenceburg and normally hunt with him, he runs an awesome operation.. I love KY looking into buying a farm now..

Last edited:

Escout711

Reaction score
I went to boot camp at Fort Knox back in 1995. I remember seeing quite a few deer out there, and always thought it would be a great place to hunt. Brutally, unrelentingly hot in the summer, but very nice in the fall!

ojibwa

Reaction score
I went to boot camp at Fort Knox back in 1995. I remember seeing quite a few deer out there, and always thought it would be a great place to hunt. Brutally, unrelentingly hot in the summer, but very nice in the fall!
Its a good mix hot summers beautiful falls and mild winters... and deer like you would not believe ..a buddy of mine Troy Gentry killed this buck off fort Knox on a special hunt...

http://buckmasters.com/Hunting/Big-Buck-Central/BBC-Articles/ID/2509/Troy-Gentry-Buck

tonygentrybuck1.jpg

Last edited:

ojibwa

Reaction score
Deer looks small it's a horrible pose , but Troy is a big dude.