Heading to Eastern Shore.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I took pictures with my phone while I was hunting but for some reason couldn't upload them while I was gone. Sorry, not great quality.
This was the field I hunted the first night, it's harvested sorghum and I saw 4 deer a couple hundred yards away. The stand is in a tree lined ditch in the field.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
This is the creek we hunt waterfowl on. It was in the 40's with no wind on the first morning. We killed 4 Canada's before they stopped moving.

That afternoon I hunted this stand in cut sorghum again and saw 5 deer feeding in the far end. Maybe 300 yards away, it's a long narrow field.

Last edited:

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Friday morning we awoke to a much differant view.
This is the opposite side of the same point on the creek. We killed limits of geese and a couple mallards.

That afternoon, I hunted this stand in the woods, saw three deer in the last hour as they went across openings in the holly bushes but couldn't get a shot.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Last morning, back in the stand in the woods, only sit that I didn't see deer.
We then set up in a field for geese for a couple hours and managed to kill 3 even with our poor shooting.
Last afternoon, I hunted a stand in a small unharvested sorghum field. A doe came out in the far end, maybe 175 yards away, and a short time later a small buck. They got out to the middle of the field and with 15 minutes of hunting left, I killed the 3 pointer at 90 yards.

Last edited:

RememberBaker

Reaction score
So we hunted waterfowl 3 times, killed 2 mallards and 13 geese. Hunted deer 4 afternoons and 1 morning, between us we saw 28 deer, 3 of them small bucks. All in all a nice end to my hunting season.

Paul/NH

Reaction score
Nice pics and congrats on a fine wrap up of the hunting season!!!

ahmoore

Reaction score
Really enjoyed the read and pics. Congrats all around on a perfect trip.