He is alive

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
I think this is the buck I shot at on 9 Nov but could not find even after calling a tracking dog. This picture is not 30 yards from where I shot that day, It is not the best picture but it sure looks like he is missing his right rear leg. I was shooting at his left side so I must have shot under him and got his right rear leg? Did it fall off or did he chew it off?

Attachments

mowbizz

Reaction score
It’s amazing what they can survive. The leg “looks” missing but the blurry pic doesn’t help.
Maybe he’s being trailed by yotes and they are picking at it…?

mowbizz

Reaction score
Looks like he lost a lot of weight too. I sat same spot I was on 9 Nov hoping to catch him moving this morning. Got cold and just came in for some coffee.
I don’t think he’ll make it in though winter…yotes will be on him like crazy. Hopefully you can put him down before that.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
I have been sitting in the area the last few days and have not seen a thing? I will give it another shot tomorrow hoping for some last day magic. Good luck to everyone.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Just got the one picture on 22 Nov. Checked the cam today and nothing and no tracks there either. I will give him some more attention with the muzzleloader the next 2 weeks.

Latest posts