Hausenpheffer

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
I hope I spelled that completely wrong.

Anyway - deer season is gone, the ice fishing hasn't heated up yet, so we chased some rabbits. We saw a ton, only connected on one - but thats success to me, since I had my two youngest and my mutt that I've only recently "trained" to run rabbits.

Mikejd

Reaction score
Great pic.Who needs heat anyway. Go hunting instead.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Is the smallest hunter in the picture actually hunting or just posing for the kill shot again? lol
Hes just posing again. He tried but couldnt get the gun shouldered fast enough. Other than some trophy southern Vermont stripebacks and some fish, his only grip n grin so far is this:

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Hes just posing again. He tried but couldnt get the gun shouldered fast enough. Other than some trophy southern Vermont stripebacks and some fish, his only grip n grin so far is this:

]
Ok, I wasn't sure if he was old enough to hunt yet. Great job on the turkey!

OK, what the heck is a stripeback? I'm guessing squirrel?

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
We consider ourselves houndsmen, and typically pursue the trophy stripebacks in that method, but there are any number of strategies you can use.

Trophy SoVT stripeback:

https://goo.gl/images/LKyPWs
I bet in another year when Duke builds up his tracking confidence and marksmanship hunting down Stripebacks you will be able to move him up to the next level going after the evasive and elusive VT Rackah !

View attachment 21627

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Forgot to post this - There is a trail most of our guys in camp take often. It goes pretty close to a spot my dad sits a lot, and has a pop up blind every fall. Just out of the way, in the most obvious spot ever, we found this, and 2 more just like it. Of course.

Latest posts