Gunsmith in central or northern Maine

JDK

Reaction score
Any have a suggestion for a decent smith in central or northern Maine? I messed up and the guy I have used in the past has retired.

hammertime

Reaction score
Dietrich Gunsmith in Otis, ME. has treated me well. Specifically with Brownings

Reactions: JDK

JDK

Reaction score
Thank you skinner and hammertime

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I feel like lots of things, there are less and less skilled guys around. I know a bunch of guys around here that are sending guns or traveling to VT or other states though time and fuel prices that doesn’t make a lot of sense. I never could find someone that I was really comfortable with the shorten a barrel other than out of state, which if you think about it is absurd with the amount of firearms in this state.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
I feel like lots of things, there are less and less skilled guys around. I know a bunch of guys around here that are sending guns or traveling to VT or other states though time and fuel prices that doesn’t make a lot of sense. I never could find someone that I was really comfortable with the shorten a barrel other than out of state, which if you think about it is absurd with the amount of firearms in this state.
Everyone in the 760/7600 crowd really seems pleased with TGI in Vermont.

JDK

Reaction score
I have a buggered scope mount screw in a Weatherby Mark V

lester2

Reaction score
I have a buggered scope mount screw in a Weatherby Mark V
Been there before. I ended up using a dremel to cut a slot into the screw head, then heated it with a soldering iron to soften the loctite and it came out. Ruined the base when I cut the slot but it was getting changed anyways…

NorthMaine

Reaction score
I had one of those once. Was able to drill a small hole in it, and had a small enough torx bit that i was able to tap into the hole, and it spun right out.

Latest posts