Gun “control” bills

ojibwa

Reaction score
There can be no compromise.

We have been compromising since the first firarms act and then evey one after that.

We are about to compromise once again and we will regret it..

Don't know why image is too small

Attachments

Last edited:

JDK

Reaction score
Been reading this and very hesitant to jump in.... but what the hell

Common Sense

1.) Not allowing people with mental health issues access to any firearms.
2.) Utilizing penal laws already on the books to absolutely throw the book at anybody who commits a crime with a firearm, possesses and illegal firearm, or sells one
3.) Universally required training and permitting for firearms owners. Sorry, but an 18 year old shouldn't be able to walk into KTP with $1500 and walk out with an AR and a few thousand rounds with just his drivers license. Shit... we mandate that same kid take an extensive course on firearms safety if he wants to carry around pappy's side by side 20 gauge to shoot a partridge. But a kid whose only training is his xbox can buy an AR when he is 18 in ME and NH and many other states. Sorry that doesn't pass the straight face test.
I don't disagree.

I will point out that we, as a nation, allow 18 year olds to fight our wars but not drink a beer. Sadly this country is all over the place when it comes to age. They want to lower the voting age and raise the legal age for firearm ownership. I dare say that voting can be far more dangerous than ownership.

longbow

Reaction score
All 18-year-olds should get their firearms training in the military. Teach them some respect for our country also, a lot of them need it.

Igloo

Reaction score
EVIL Walks among us....how do you begin to legislate that?
Are you saying that limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds and banning pistol grips on black rifles won't eradicate all forms of evil?

Igloo

Reaction score
All 18-year-olds should get their firearms training in the military. Teach them some respect for our country also, a lot of them need it.
I don't know that we need compulsory military service for all citizens, but I do wish we would stop rewarding bad behavior. Broken family? No problem, we'll subsidize you. Have more kids than you can afford? No problem, even more subsidies. Start making people bear the cost of their bad life choices and you'll see things turn around quickly.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Great information, JDK. I feel compelled to point out, however, that BOTH are illegal. No matter how states choose to ignore federal law, the fact remains that smoking pot is a federal crime. If you're a pot smoker and answer "NO" on the gun form question, you are breaking the law. Yet another "common sense" gun law that gets ignored and does nothing to stop crimes. As you pointed out, they lied multiple times on the form.
I think if you'd have actually read the entire thread instead of just being a smart ass you'd clearly see I pointed that out as a problem 2 days ago. So the gap that is broken, as Arlow stated is HIPPA laws need to be looked at again. If you're admitted into a mental health facility you shouldn't be able to sign yourself out and purchase a firearm.

If you receive a pot card in any state, that should be in the FBI data base , so IF someone does try and purchase firearm , answered NO on the question about drug use they are prosecuted. (That's the 4th time I've pointed that out). I'm not talking about "bans". I'm talking about tightening up the holes in what we have now.

You still haven't answered the question if you'd sell one of your many guns to a stranger like the van driving flea market sales guy. Not knowing if you're selling to a felon or a guy who beat the piss out of his wife the night before, has a restraining order against him. Is the van driving flea market guy still using "common sense" by to selling to any old stranger?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
So new facts are out about the Dayton shooter:

He acquired the firearm through a STRAW sale which is illegal
It was an online sale from FFL to FFL and they lied on the form. Illegal
Both were pot and LSD users. One of which is illegal.

Added in edit....The actual buyer is facing 15 years in prison for other unrelated charges,

So. just speculating that at least three existing laws were broken in order to get that idiot a firearm.

Common sense gun laws are not about saving lives. It is about control.

Ummmm..okay.

So I again ask you a sincere question. In the above case..the Dayton shooter. What additional "common sense" gun law(s) would have worked? I truly am interested in hearing about things that might work. Not an "I don't know but lets throw a whole bunch of crap on the wall and see what sticks". I'm not sure you'd let a doctor treat you that way and that is how my mechanic tries to fix my truck and I know where that gets me.

I read on another site a quote that is so true

Taking rights by the yard is hard. Inch by inch is a cinch.

Prosecute the piss out of the guy. Use the intended laws on the books now. You've mentioned I've said "ban" some place in this thread. I couldn't find it. I'm talking about tightening up common sense issues. Like mental health issues, and as Arlow pointed out, HIPPA laws. I don't want guns in the hands of nuts.

I guess I'm getting soft. I feel bad that a family buried their 6 year old son yesterday, and a 13 year old gets buried today. I get that bad people do bad shit. Completely understand it...... I just don't want to make it so little of a challenge to complete their bad shit.

If we didn't have a Rep. Gov this week, we'd have all gotten screwed on laws that won't reduce a damn thing. All 3 of those bills were useless. They were written by radical leftist. Those people will not longer listen to intelligent people because the radical right is to busy screaming "don't give em an inch". One of these days it'll be a left controlled house, and a leftist governor and we'll be fucked. And we won't have a single say in it because we were too busy saying nothing, other then puking out NRA redirect. I ask again.... Where was the NRA when Mass. Residents got fucked? Busy counting their money?

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Been reading this and very hesitant to jump in.... but what the hell

Common Sense

1.) Not allowing people with mental health issues access to any firearms.
2.) Utilizing penal laws already on the books to absolutely throw the book at anybody who commits a crime with a firearm, possesses and illegal firearm, or sells one
3.) Universally required training and permitting for firearms owners. Sorry, but an 18 year old shouldn't be able to walk into KTP with $1500 and walk out with an AR and a few thousand rounds with just his drivers license. Shit... we mandate that same kid take an extensive course on firearms safety if he wants to carry around pappy's side by side 20 gauge to shoot a partridge. But a kid whose only training is his xbox can buy an AR when he is 18 in ME and NH and many other states. Sorry that doesn't pass the straight face test.

Great post. You've walked into "enemy" territory now though. I hope you can live with yourself.

Igloo

Reaction score
I think if you'd have actually read the entire thread
Nobody is reading the entire thread. You're rambling. Lots of haystack, few needles.

As to your irrelevant question, I would sell a gun to anybody where the sale was legal and I had no reason to suspect the person may be a prohibited buyer. So what? (And please, don't try to one-up Leo Tolstoy with the length of your reply.)

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Nobody is reading the entire thread. You're rambling. Lots of haystack, few needles.

As to your irrelevant question, I would sell a gun to anybody where the sale was legal and I had no reason to suspect the person may be a prohibited buyer. So what? (And please, don't try to one-up Leo Tolstoy with the length of your reply.)
that's the difference between you and I. I don't think my opinion in ANY matter Is the only important one. I'll actually read someone else's who's commenting on a topic. Then again I'm not as self absorbed as you.

Couldn't help but read you've mentioned deer corn twice. I hope you learned your lesson and remember to bother reading the laws this time. But after you admitting you don't bother reading anything, just doing what you want. I'd say it's safe to guess that's why you got pinched the first time.

Was that short enough?

Last edited:

Igloo

Reaction score
that's the difference between you and I. I don't think my opinion in ANY matter Is the only important one. I'll actually read someone else's who's commenting on a topic. Then again I'm not as self absorbed as you.

Couldn't help but read you've mentioned deer corn twice. I hope you learned your lesson and remember to bother reading the laws this time. But after you admitting you don't bother reading anything, just doing I'd say it's safe to guess that's why you got pinched the first time.

Was that short enough?
No.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Actually, yes you are the enemy.

.We are reaping the rewards of the participation generation. Little shitheads that should have had their asses slapped were told that they are cute and everything they did was good. When they hit the real world they find out that they are just little shitheads.
Jay, If nothing else, (which I think there was a couple other things) this is the thing I agree with you the most. But it's not just that generation.

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Jay, If nothing else, (which I think there was a couple other things) this is the thing I agree with you the most. But it's not just that generation.
Boys... we're mostly on the same page.

it comes down to PARENTING!

The only thing wrong with this generation is that too many folks from our generation let them down. PERIOD.

I get upset with the "Kids today" rhetoric... Doesn't apply to my kids... Why... because I taught them to be respectful, that nobody owes them anything, and that the best way to achieve in life is through hard work. I've literally spelled that out for them.... and I'm fairly certain so have many other of the members on this forum. But unfortunately.... a lot of that parenting has been lost. I'm not ready to pin it on the "kids", they are a reflection of us. Collectively we need to look in the mirror. We need to do better.

The "everybody wins pins" generation is not the kids faults, it is ours collectively. It is our cohort who spawned and purveyed that. Not the kids.

Both of my kids are great students and talented soccer players. My daughter is a talented collegiate athlete. When she was 12 she came to the realization that half of her soccer trophies were awarded to her because she was there.... she threw them out. I explained it to her and supported her discussion. My son who is 16 plays for the varsity team he is good, but is not committed like his sister to bring it to the next level. We discussed that reality and he is good with it... he'd rather spend Saturday mornings in a treestand than running sprints and juggling soccer balls. Great! But he knows the reality. Without the extra commitment he wont be able to be a collegiate athlete. But he is good with it. And so am I.

Sorry for the rambling. But don't be too quick to throw this generation under the bus.

longbow

Reaction score

The only thing wrong with this generation is that too many folks from our generation let them down. PERIOD.

I get upset with the "Kids today" rhetoric... Doesn't apply to my kids... Why... because I taught them to be respectful, that nobody owes them anything, and that the best way to achieve in life is through hard work. I've literally spelled that out for them.... and I'm fairly certain so have many other of the members on this forum. But unfortunately.... a lot of that parenting has been lost. I'm not ready to pin it on the "kids", they are a reflection of us. Collectively we need to look in the mirror. We need to do better.

The "everybody wins pins" generation is not the kids faults, it is ours collectively. It is our cohort who spawned and purveyed that. Not the kids.

Both of my kids are great students and talented soccer players. My daughter is a talented collegiate athlete. When she was 12 she came to the realization that half of her soccer trophies were awarded to her because she was there.... she threw them out. I explained it to her and supported her discussion. My son who is 16 plays for the varsity team he is good, but is not committed like his sister to bring it to the next level. We discussed that reality and he is good with it... he'd rather spend Saturday mornings in a treestand than running sprints and juggling soccer balls. Great! But he knows the reality. Without the extra commitment he wont be able to be a collegiate athlete. But he is good with it. And so am I.

Sorry for the rambling. But don't be too quick to throw this generation under the bus.
Absolutely, lots of good kids with great parents! We need more good parenting for sure. Lot of parents dropping ball!

I wish nothing but the best for your kids, they are lucky they had you to set them on the right path.

NH Hunter

Reaction score

Good point. Our generation allowed Toy R Us to go out of business. Not because we couldn't afford toys, because we were buying them electronic moron devices because the Jones had them. In the wake of the closed toy stores, our generation is opening pot shops.

I have two girls who are great students. The youngest is a very good athlete. The oldest just got married, has a house, full time job, working towards her degree. All at 24. Now the boy on the other hand....... he's a product of his Momma treating him like a prince and being his uber driver, entertainer , sandwich maker, drink getter. In return she gets.... well nothing. Other then a lot of shit. I've told her for years, it isn't all his fault. If you have a puppy you're too lazy to take outside and house break every time it needs to go, it's not the dogs fault for shitting on the floor. Raising kids isn't much different.

I'm not being sexist by any means, just truthful. We live in a world of competing "super moms". I think it originated from them seeing social media posts and it's lead to "so and so's kids have it so mine have to have it." I've seen the change over the years coaching baseball. Moms feeling like they need to be in dugouts coddling kids for 6 innings has become so prevalent it borders a sickness.

Last edited:

JDK

Reaction score
My grandfather had a saying that I really like. Sometimes you need a kick in the pants to keep your hat on straight.