Gun “control” bills

arlow

Reaction score
Bottom line is there need to be changes to the HIPPA laws so these mental issues can be reported to a database that would prohibit these nuts from getting guns.

The El Paso shooters manifesto shows how nuts he was.

The Ohio shooter was expelled from high school for having a Kill/Rape list both on the bathroom walls and in a notebook he carried around and was well known for trying to induce fear into his classmates.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Hardly. Why this year, I mixed in hominy with the deer corn and gave blaze orange posted signs a try. That's innovation.

THE most overused, unimaginative cliche of the era. Who's incapable of original thought?
You still refuse to answer the question. You asked me why we shouldn't be able to buy a gun from a guy at a flea market regardless of what he drives. I answered your question, answer mine. You won't because you either hadn't thought it out far enough (unoriginal thought process), or you're just in line with the "herd"(unoriginal thought process where you're told what to think) . That's why as usual you resort to weak attempts at humor and grandstanding.

Your posted signs sum up your hypocrisy as well. You don't want your guns taken away because of one or two individuals, but you punish all hunters because of a certain few. I know, I know you own the land so you can do what you want. But don't claim you "stick together" or "united we stand, divided we fall " horse shit.

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
bottom line is there need to be changes to the hippa laws so these mental issues can be reported to a database that would prohibit these nuts from getting guns.

The el paso shooters manifesto shows how nuts he was.

The ohio shooter was expelled from high school for having a kill/rape list both on the bathroom walls and in a notebook he carried around and was well known for trying to induce fear into his classmates.

ed zachary!!!!!!!!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I agree with most of what you say. Guns have to be kept away from mental/medical/etc,etc challenged people but without damaging/eradicating any rights we have now within the 2A. Some intelligent, level headed people need to put heads together and figure something out.
that's what I'm trying to convey. The radical far left, and the radial far right are NOT those level heads.

Igloo

Reaction score
That's why as usual you resort to weak attempts at humor and grandstanding.
You may have a point there. Setting you off is entirely too easy. Where is the challenge? Maybe I should look back and see if perhaps some camo pattern or bowstring arrangement sets you off. Could be good for a few more long posts.

JDK

Reaction score
Arlow's post is spot on. HIPPA and access to juvenile records need to be amended. I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are people who should not have fireman now or ever. We are reaping the rewards of the participation generation.

JDK

Reaction score
NH Hunter

A sincere question. When "common sense" gun laws are passed and don't work, what's next?

Igloo

Reaction score
NH Hunter

A sincere question. When "common sense" gun laws are passed and don't work, what's next?
More "Common Sense"(TM) gun laws. Only this time, more commoner, more sense-er.

We've been passing "Common Sense" gun laws for 100 years.

longbow

Reaction score
Common sense like keep dangerous felons in prison and mentally ill in asylums. If you can’t be trusted to have a gun because you might kill people what are you doing walking around on the street LOL People can always get a gun whether they buy them legally or obtain them illegally.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Common sense like keep dangerous felons in prison and mentally ill in asylums. If you can’t be trusted to have a gun because you might kill people what are you doing walking around on the street LOL People can always get a gun whether they buy them legally or obtain them illegally.
One Flew over the Kookoo nest ended that asylum era...everyone felt bad for the kookoos and the asylums faded away.
Bring back the kookoo nest!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
NH Hunter

I'll be honest... and I'm going to speculate just to be upfront. I don't know, with that being said I'm more certain of what I've already pointed out being the faults with the system. We as gun owners can recognize them, and should at least TRY to dictate our own fate rather then put it in the hands of financial institutions and retail stores looking to grandstand. That I'm sure of. Second....... I'd rather not pretend there was nothing we could do or offer only to wake up with nothing one day. That to me is the lesser of two evils.

Something we are all absolutely sure of , is the system isn't perfect. Anyone trying to tell you it is as a defense is full of shit. So what's the motivation to continue to try and fill us full of shit? It's isn't just the left who's being dishonest in their presentation to their "facts".

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Your posts are all over the place. I can't keep track. Remind me which of the 30 or so questions you'd like me to answer.
you not being able to not keep up is not my problem. Just keep being a smartass.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
"Common sense" is code for "Gun grab that I'm hoping to convince you is NOT a gun grab".

You state "I shouldn't be able to go to a flea market in Davisville this morning and buy a gun off a table that some clown driving a POS van is selling."

My question is, simply, "why not?" (What does the seller's character or vehicle have to do with any of this?)

I suspect that you, like me, already own several guns, know how to use them safely, and have no intention of shooting anybody. This being the case, why shouldn't you be able to do just that? What improvement in the condition of man is achieved by prohibiting you from doing this?
Would YOU personally sell one of those many firearms to a person you don't know without wanting a background check for a clear conscience? What if you were selling to a felon? Is that responsible gun ownership?
1. what's the opinion of a person walking into a gun shop, filling out the 4473 form that has a "medical pot" card. They are lying if they answer no to the question regarding drug use. Are they entered into the "system" by their doctor or the DMV that they now are a dope smoker? Smoking weed is still against federal law. State laws have tweaked this and made a mess of it.

2. Does anyone think it's reasonable to purchase a firearm or sell a firearm to or from a stranger that you are not a 1000% positive isn't a felon or beat the piss out of their spouse or partner the night before? IE:flea markets or yardsales.

3. Similar to domestic cases, should someone who has been admitted to a emergency facility or treatment center for mental health issues such as self harm, or to harm others be able to go under the radar once released? If a person is arrested for a domestic abuse case, their firearms are confiscated, and they can not legally purchase a firearm until the case is settled.

I just want to know how that isn't demanding and expecting responsible gun ownership regardless if a person owns zero guns, or a millions guns. Why wouldn't we want to make sure only law abiding , mentally stable, non drug abusing people own firearms to continue ownership for those of us who conduct ourselves in a responsible manor?

Every shooting that takes place there's plenty of signs these people weren't mentally fit. Whether it be a neighbor , classmate or teacher saying "yeah that kid was always a bit odd or off" My opinion , Jay hit on it. We don't want to hurt someones feelings so we as a society wait until they hurt others. Hand them their ass kicking when they needed it. If someone doesn't want to do that, make THEM responsible for their own actions instead of punishing us all.
It has a lot more to do with motive than ability. Try again.
Are you sure? I just thought you misplaced your NRA fear mongers guide. When you find it , I'd love to hear your opinion on this.^ After all, I answered your question.

Last edited:

NH Mountains

Reaction score
When are people going to go after Hollywood and the video game makers who push violence? Hollywood actors and their followers are hypocrites. They produce violence and have much worse effect on society than a guy selling a gun at a flea market or to his brother or nephew. There were guns long before Hollywood but, violence Hollywood has pushed down the throats of society the last 50 years has made kids and adults more violent. The same people who outlawed the Marlboro Man and Joe Camel because of the bad impressions of smoking are mum on Hollywood’s violence. If there should be extra taxes on guns and ammo then there should be a bigger tax on Hollywood.

JDK

Reaction score
So new facts are out about the Dayton shooter:

He acquired the firearm through a STRAW sale which is illegal
It was an online sale from FFL to FFL and they lied on the form. Illegal
Both were pot and LSD users. One of which is illegal.

Added in edit....The actual buyer is facing 15 years in prison for other unrelated charges,

So. just speculating that at least three existing laws were broken in order to get that idiot a firearm.

Common sense gun laws are not about saving lives. It is about control.

I'll be honest... and I'm going to speculate just to be upfront. I don't know, with that being said I'm more certain of what I've already pointed out being the faults with the system. We as gun owners can recognize them, and should at least TRY to dictate our own fate rather then put it in the hands of financial institutions and retail stores looking to grandstand. That I'm sure of. Second....... I'd rather not pretend there was nothing we could do or offer only to wake up with nothing one day. That to me is the lesser of two evils.

Something we are all absolutely sure of , is the system isn't perfect. Anyone trying to tell you it is as a defense is full of shit. So what's the motivation to continue to try and fill us full of shit? It's isn't just the left who's being dishonest in their presentation to their "facts".
Ummmm..okay.

So I again ask you a sincere question. In the above case..the Dayton shooter. What additional "common sense" gun law(s) would have worked? I truly am interested in hearing about things that might work. Not an "I don't know but lets throw a whole bunch of crap on the wall and see what sticks". I'm not sure you'd let a doctor treat you that way and that is how my mechanic tries to fix my truck and I know where that gets me.

I read on another site a quote that is so true

Taking rights by the yard is hard. Inch by inch is a cinch.

Last edited:

Igloo

Reaction score
Both were pot and LSD users. One of which is illegal.
Great information, JDK. I feel compelled to point out, however, that BOTH are illegal. No matter how states choose to ignore federal law, the fact remains that smoking pot is a federal crime. If you're a pot smoker and answer "NO" on the gun form question, you are breaking the law. Yet another "common sense" gun law that gets ignored and does nothing to stop crimes. As you pointed out, they lied multiple times on the form.

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Been reading this and very hesitant to jump in.... but what the hell

Common Sense

1.) Not allowing people with mental health issues access to any firearms.
2.) Utilizing penal laws already on the books to absolutely throw the book at anybody who commits a crime with a firearm, possesses and illegal firearm, or sells one
3.) Universally required training and permitting for firearms owners. Sorry, but an 18 year old shouldn't be able to walk into KTP with $1500 and walk out with an AR and a few thousand rounds with just his drivers license. Shit... we mandate that same kid take an extensive course on firearms safety if he wants to carry around pappy's side by side 20 gauge to shoot a partridge. But a kid whose only training is his xbox can buy an AR when he is 18 in ME and NH and many other states. Sorry that doesn't pass the straight face test.