Gun “control” bills

JDK

Reaction score
I'll chime in.

Like I said in the other thread. I don't believe in flaunting, showing off, or displaying long guns or pistols. It is legal to have, so be happy and have it. Hunt with it, carry it around your property, pose in the mirror naked with it, or whatever. :redface: I don't see how carrying it around in a city helps the pro gun cause any. Carry your concealed weapon and protect yourself and others.

With what is going on these days any jackass in town, with a rifle, bullet proof vest, and bandolier loaded with rounds should almost be shot on sight. or at least detained.
Exactly.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Here's "common sense" to me as an example....... When you purchase a gun from a shop, we fill out the federal form. There is a question on that form that asks if you're addicted to any drug such as pot or other drugs. Does the federal data base have information on those who have a "medical marijuana" card? We have states that have been allowed to walk over a federal law. Pot laws have not been federally changed. It's still illegal on the national level. So what's the answer to that? I think it makes our system look foolish that we aren't consistent.

How about if a person has been checked into a facility for threatening to harm themselves or anyone else due to depression or anxiety? That doesn't go in a data base. Wouldn't' that seem like common sense where as THAT PERSON should be punished and not all law abiding citizens? Like I said.... this isn't as simple as one sided.

I guess I don't wrap my head around how I'm an enemy for demanding these issues are addressed so I no longer have to defend why I can/and should , as well as others like myself can legally own as many guns and ammo as I want. That seems pretty short sighted to me Jay. I guess it comes to what an individual considers "common sense". I think the two examples I listed above as well as the example I used about the guy selling guns to anyone that goes to the davisville flea market as 3 examples of what's wrong with the system.
as usual nobody addressed this which is common sense, and a true issue if we are "responsible gun owners"

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Would YOU personally sell one of those many firearms to a person you don't know without wanting a background check for a clear conscience? What if you were selling to a felon? Is that responsible gun ownership?
Or this scenario.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
How about these fellas. This is on the NH state house lawn. Is this "common sense" at it's finest? If so, I have a few questions. first, set the mood. These guys walked down the streets of concord NH. They didn't park on the lawn and get out. Therefore they passed people going about their day walking in a city environment. Let's not even acknowledge people who know nothing about firearms. Let's talk about everyday guys like you and I with a family. Let's say we were on our way to Cheers for some lunch, but parked up by the local parking garage to hit Granite state candy first, then walk down depot street for some lunch. In my case my wife, daughter , son and myself would be doing this very thing on any given weekend day. Suppose I'm not aware there's a march taking place. Should I look at those two coming towards my family and thing "hey look at that a fellow law abiding citizens taking their AR's for a walk. Or should my reaction be get the fuck away from these two because I have no idea what their intentions are??!!! What would you think?View attachment 22171
And this is considered responsible gun ownership? Just want to make sure I understand all the views on this, so I can completely understand why this makes me a gun owning enemy? Putting our heads in the sand and pretending that the situation at hand is perfect, frankly is foolish.

I understand what liberal attacks on gun ownership are. The things I pointed out are parts of the system that are broken. There's been too many examples of broken system rules. Why does it bother me? Because they don't start out for an inch. They will take the entire mile because of the constant ignorance that should be easily corrected.

Example: The flea market scenario shouldn't be allowed to happen, but it shouldn't happen regardless due to responsible gun owners. BUT what the left has gone after to void those transactions is trying to make us law breakers for selling a gun to our brother in law without a back ground check. Obviously that's just ignorant , and extreme. Let's just keep burying our heads and keeping our mouth shut. That's when you'll wake up and see your mile taken. Ask Mass. residents about that. Where was the precious NRA there??!!

mowbizz

Reaction score
Or this scenario.
I have bought guns at yard sales before but from a known neighbor.
I believe laws are going to change soon on a federal level because the politicians seeking re-election feel they have to do “something” about the mentally disturbed killers.
Whether that is bad or good for NH remains to be seen.
Look for some background check “changes/modifications” coming down the pike. I am against the red flag type of law they’re talking about just because in some cases, guns will be confiscated without due process. Your neighbor that hates you can “cry wolf” about you and your guns and claim he “fears for his life” without any action ever taken and a liberal judge will order the cops to confiscate your property. Then it may be years and $$$ before you get them back, if ever. No thanks, but I believe we’re headed there.
Glad I’m old...

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Your neighbor that hates you can “cry wolf” about you and your guns and claim he “fears for his life” without any action ever taken and a liberal judge will order the cops to confiscate your property. Then it may be years and $$$ before you get them back, if ever. No thanks, but I believe we’re headed there.
Glad I’m old...

Any persons spouse or domestic partner can do this right now and has been able to do so for decades.........

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
What is your question NH, there is a lot of stuff in there? Not being a wise ass.

1. what's the opinion of a person walking into a gun shop, filling out the 4473 form that has a "medical pot" card. They are lying if they answer no to the question regarding drug use. Are they entered into the "system" by their doctor or the DMV that they now are a dope smoker? Smoking weed is still against federal law. State laws have tweaked this and made a mess of it.

2. Does anyone think it's reasonable to purchase a firearm or sell a firearm to or from a stranger that you are not a 1000% positive isn't a felon or beat the piss out of their spouse or partner the night before? IE:flea markets or yardsales.

3. Similar to domestic cases, should someone who has been admitted to a emergency facility or treatment center for mental health issues such as self harm, or to harm others be able to go under the radar once released? If a person is arrested for a domestic abuse case, their firearms are confiscated, and they can not legally purchase a firearm until the case is settled.

I just want to know how that isn't demanding and expecting responsible gun ownership regardless if a person owns zero guns, or a millions guns. Why wouldn't we want to make sure only law abiding , mentally stable, non drug abusing people own firearms to continue ownership for those of us who conduct ourselves in a responsible manor?

Every shooting that takes place there's plenty of signs these people weren't mentally fit. Whether it be a neighbor , classmate or teacher saying "yeah that kid was always a bit odd or off" My opinion , Jay hit on it. We don't want to hurt someones feelings so we as a society wait until they hurt others. Hand them their ass kicking when they needed it. If someone doesn't want to do that, make THEM responsible for their own actions instead of punishing us all.

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I'll give you a free cheat on question 1. I heard on the radio that if a person purchases a firearm and put "NO" under the section that asks about drug use, and it's "found" that said after obtaining a pot card , said gun can and will be confiscated as that person is breaking federal law. Said person could also be charged for lying on the 4473 form.

My question is.... why wouldn't we demand those people are immediately entered into a data base as if they had arrested and charged with a crime such as domestic abuse? Isn't that "common sense"? That person is no longer a "law abiding citizen". They have broken two federal laws while trying to purchase a firearm.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Any persons spouse or domestic partner can do this right now and has been able to do so for decades.........
Of course but with the new law (red Flag) it is expanded to outside your “sphere” and can be a slippery slope.

Igloo

Reaction score
Carrying an AR-15 in public is ok as long as the person is on their way to post their property in preparation for putting down corn bait for deer.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Carrying an AR-15 in public is ok as long as the person is on their way to post their property in preparation for putting down corn bait for deer.

You proved my point. You're incapable of an original thought, thinking out logical questions. Understanding that what you've been brainwashed to believe is actually bullshit there's holes in the NRA and the system. People like you will call people who disagree with you "sheep" or the "herd" , when the reality is you're too ignorant or arrogant to recognize your own hypocrisy. People of that character are only capable of responding with the sorry excuse of smartass humor you attempted above because coming to grips with the fact you're not the smartest guy in the room, that you your presented with 3 things that you could have just as easily said " I never thought of that, or didn't realize that". Nope not you...... you be a good sheep and march with your herd. That's why one day we'll all wake up and the mile will have been taken.

At the end of the day, anyone disagreeing with what I've typed out is in support of someone with a documented drug abuse issue, an licensed drug card, or someone just released from a mental health facility having the same ability to walk into a shop and purchase a firearm? I just want to be clear as to what "responsible gun owners " think. I've already been informed I'm "the enemy" because I have enough "common sense" to recognize there's a severe issue. An issue we should demand be fixed to not look like hypocrites in the shit we say and repeat.

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Of course but with the new law (red Flag) it is expanded to outside your “sphere” and can be a slippery slope.
I understand that. That's why if we send intelligent people to the table and explain "Hey this hasn't worked, we want this taken off the books. IN return we give you this" It's not that difficult. It takes place in Washington everyday. The reality is, like everything else in DC there's a lot of money to be made from fear mongering like the NRA profits from doing. Anti gun policy will not be made due to politicians in this country unless the lobby money runs out. Where our rights will be lost is from financial institutions not allowing your credit or debit card to purchase firearms or ammo due to THEIR beliefs. We are already seeing it with private property buildings not allowing concealed or open carry. Where places of business do not allow you to carry a firearm during work hours. Think about bit coin, Venmo , PayPal ..... imagine if they all get together today and determine "we won't allow it". There's already the talk of phasing purchase with cash out of our financial system. Then what???? Are we back to trading beads, whisky and cloth for firearms?

But I still maintain there's no harm or foul in NOT allowing a person who has a pot card, or someone just released from a mental health facility should be afforded the same benefits/Rights of purchasing a firearm within hours of either of these events. One is breaking the law, one is not in their right frame of mind. Also, keep in mind the mental health system in this country is a friggin joke. Anyone over the age of 18 can sign themselves out if deemed "fit" from a facility. That criteria is pretty loose to say the least.

Last edited:

Mainewoods

Reaction score
1. what's the opinion of a person walking into a gun shop, filling out the 4473 form that has a "medical pot" card. They are lying if they answer no to the question regarding drug use. Are they entered into the "system" by their doctor or the DMV that they now are a dope smoker? Smoking weed is still against federal law. State laws have tweaked this and made a mess of it.

2. Does anyone think it's reasonable to purchase a firearm or sell a firearm to or from a stranger that you are not a 1000% positive isn't a felon or beat the piss out of their spouse or partner the night before? IE:flea markets or yardsales.

3. Similar to domestic cases, should someone who has been admitted to a emergency facility or treatment center for mental health issues such as self harm, or to harm others be able to go under the radar once released? If a person is arrested for a domestic abuse case, their firearms are confiscated, and they can not legally purchase a firearm until the case is settled.

I just want to know how that isn't demanding and expecting responsible gun ownership regardless if a person owns zero guns, or a millions guns. Why wouldn't we want to make sure only law abiding , mentally stable, non drug abusing people own firearms to continue ownership for those of us who conduct ourselves in a responsible manor?

Every shooting that takes place there's plenty of signs these people weren't mentally fit. Whether it be a neighbor , classmate or teacher saying "yeah that kid was always a bit odd or off" My opinion , Jay hit on it. We don't want to hurt someones feelings so we as a society wait until they hurt others. Hand them their ass kicking when they needed it. If someone doesn't want to do that, make THEM responsible for their own actions instead of punishing us all.
1. Don't lie when filling out the application. if you do, and caught, lose your gun.
2. I would not sell a firearm without a background check or valid LTC check. Private sales need to be done online in Mass anyway, and your LTC verified for the sale. I would not sell or buy without that verification.
3. No, they should not own a firearm.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I understand that. That's why if we send intelligent people to the table and explain "Hey this hasn't worked, we want this taken off the books. IN return we give you this" It's not that difficult. It takes place in Washington everyday. The reality is, like everything else in DC there's a lot of money to be made from fear mongering like the NRA profits from doing. Anti gun policy will not be made due to politicians in this country unless the lobby money runs out. Where our rights will be lost is from financial institutions not allowing your credit or debit card to purchase firearms or ammo due to THEIR beliefs. We are already seeing it with private property buildings not allowing concealed or open carry. Where places of business do not allow you to carry a firearm during work hours. Think about bit coin, Venmo , PayPal ..... imagine if they all get together today and determine "we won't allow it". There's already the talk of phasing purchase with cash out of our financial system. Then what???? Are we back to trading beads, whisky and cloth for firearms?

But I still maintain there's no harm or foul in NOT allowing a person who has a pot card, or someone just released from a mental health facility should be afforded the same benefits/Rights of purchasing a firearm within hours of either of these events. One is breaking the law, one is not in their right frame of mind. Also, keep in mind the mental health system in this country is a friggin joke. Anyone over the age of 18 can sign themselves out if deemed "fit" from a facility. That criteria is pretty loose to say the least.
I agree with most of what you say. Guns have to be kept away from mental/medical/etc,etc challenged people but without damaging/eradicating any rights we have now within the 2A. Some intelligent, level headed people need to put heads together and figure something out.