Gun “control” bills

mowbizz

Reaction score
VETOED!
Gov Sununu did as promised and vetoed three bills passed by the now democrat NH house and senate.
Thank you governor!

Grandkid

Reaction score
Right a huge thank you Governor...you will get my vote all day long.

Roger-

Igloo

Reaction score
Yep. Sununu seems to be a man of his word. He's got my vote.

Stupid laws won't prevent shootings anyway. Just gun grabbers trampling on the corpses of victims to score gun control points.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Yep. Sununu seems to be a man of his word. He's got my vote.

Stupid laws won't prevent shootings anyway. Just gun grabbers trampling on the corpses of victims to score gun control points.
https://www.wmur.com/article/armed-man-who-caused-panic-at-missouri-walmart-says-it-was-a-social-experiment/28665200

I think you're a little over board. I agree with the Gov. killing those bills and your assessment that they wouldn't have helped to stop shootings. The reality is there are measures that could and should be done. It doesn't stop with gun bills, it goes into the mental health field and determining why people have because so desensitized towards other human life. We are making a mockery out of our social skills as humans. Social media, and outlets of other negativity are feeding this. With that being said, I shouldn't be able to go to a flea market in Davisville this morning and buy a gun off a table that some clown driving a POS van is selling. I've never understood how or why he's gotten away with it.

JDK

Reaction score
I was listing to Rick Tyler and George Hale on Voice of Maine while heading to Augusta Friday morning. They had a segment on "gun safety" and the speaker was from the Maine Gun Safety Coalition. Bob somebody or other from an offshore island. No less than a dozen times and very often 2-3 times in the same sentence he said it was time for "common sense" gun control. He talked about background check, banning hi cap magazines, and longer waiting times. Not once did he speak about mental health issues.

When asked about the 2A, he said it was time to look again but gun ownership was a right. However, and these are his exact words, everyone (within reason) should be able to own ONE gun for personal protection but that gun should be locked up and ammo separated. Guns should not be allowed out of the home. Those are his exact words. In his mind, this is "common sense."

So, what one gun should I own exactly?

This is why you don't give an inch to these people because they are not out for common sense control. This is also why I say gun owners who agree with "common sense" gun control are as big an enemy as the antis.

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I was listing to Rick Tyler and George Hale on Voice of Maine while heading to Augusta Friday morning. They had a segment on "gun safety" and the speaker was from the Maine Gun Safety Coalition. Bob somebody or other from an offshore island. No less than a dozen times and very often 2-3 times in the same sentence he said it was time for "common sense" gun control. He talked about background check, banning hi cap magazines, and longer waiting times. Not once did he speak about mental health issues.

When asked about the 2A, he said it was time to look again but gun ownership was a right. However, and these are his exact words, everyone (within reason) should be able to own ONE gun for personal protection but that gun should be locked up and ammo separated. Guns should not be allowed out of the home. Those are his exact words.

So, what one gun should I own exactly?

This is why you don't give an inch to these people because they are not out for common sense control. This is also why I say gun owners who agree with "common sense" gun control are as big an enemy as the antis.

I guess I'm an enemy then. I feel that that guy (a leftist radical), and anyone who is imbedded in the NRA is incapable of "common sense". Both side equally arrogant, equally ignorant , equally imbedded in the corruption of politics.

Look I get the whole it's a tool, not the guns fault. I'm on board with that completely. I'm also onboard with attacking the idiots who think like the guy you mentioned above. Shit...... let's stop distracted driving with the same ideology that guy has about guns. I want cell phones to be incapable of texting if it detects you're driving at any speed over 11 miles an hour. The technology is there...... this is tongue in cheek, I want to make that clear.

We have more than a "gun problem" or a "mental health problem" or a "drug problem" what we have is they've all collided and there needs to be a way to prevent one from facilitating the other. Obviously as hunters we pretty much only give a shit about one of those problems , so we see it one sided. This societal issue is no longer one sided, and to trying to deal with it that way is ignorant at the very least.

JDK

Reaction score
Actually, yes you are the enemy.

That said, I agree with you in that it isn't just a gun issue, mental health issue, or disrepect for life issue. The problem is (in my opinion), that it isn't being looked that way. Guns aren't the problem, people are. I firmly believe that there are people who should not, nor should they ever, own a gun. We are reaping the rewards of the participation generation. Little shitheads that should have had their asses slapped were told that they are cute and everything they did was good. When they hit the real world they find out that they are just little shitheads.

Not getting way off topic but here in Maine right now, people can abort babies with taxpayer dollars. However, if you catch a brook trout on a live smelt you are akin to Charlie Manson. They want to tell me how many and what type of firearm I can use? No Thanks. These are the mentally ill liberals that we have to cater to "common sense" with.

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Here's "common sense" to me as an example....... When you purchase a gun from a shop, we fill out the federal form. There is a question on that form that asks if you're addicted to any drug such as pot or other drugs. Does the federal data base have information on those who have a "medical marijuana" card? We have states that have been allowed to walk over a federal law. Pot laws have not been federally changed. It's still illegal on the national level. So what's the answer to that? I think it makes our system look foolish that we aren't consistent.

How about if a person has been checked into a facility for threatening to harm themselves or anyone else due to depression or anxiety? That doesn't go in a data base. Wouldn't' that seem like common sense where as THAT PERSON should be punished and not all law abiding citizens? Like I said.... this isn't as simple as one sided.

I guess I don't wrap my head around how I'm an enemy for demanding these issues are addressed so I no longer have to defend why I can/and should , as well as others like myself can legally own as many guns and ammo as I want. That seems pretty short sighted to me Jay. I guess it comes to what an individual considers "common sense". I think the two examples I listed above as well as the example I used about the guy selling guns to anyone that goes to the davisville flea market as 3 examples of what's wrong with the system.

Last edited:

Igloo

Reaction score
"Common sense" is code for "Gun grab that I'm hoping to convince you is NOT a gun grab".

You state "I shouldn't be able to go to a flea market in Davisville this morning and buy a gun off a table that some clown driving a POS van is selling."

My question is, simply, "why not?" (What does the seller's character or vehicle have to do with any of this?)

I suspect that you, like me, already own several guns, know how to use them safely, and have no intention of shooting anybody. This being the case, why shouldn't you be able to do just that? What improvement in the condition of man is achieved by prohibiting you from doing this?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
How about these fellas. This is on the NH state house lawn. Is this "common sense" at it's finest? If so, I have a few questions. first, set the mood. These guys walked down the streets of concord NH. They didn't park on the lawn and get out. Therefore they passed people going about their day walking in a city environment. Let's not even acknowledge people who know nothing about firearms. Let's talk about everyday guys like you and I with a family. Let's say we were on our way to Cheers for some lunch, but parked up by the local parking garage to hit Granite state candy first, then walk down depot street for some lunch. In my case my wife, daughter , son and myself would be doing this very thing on any given weekend day. Suppose I'm not aware there's a march taking place. Should I look at those two coming towards my family and thing "hey look at that a fellow law abiding citizens taking their AR's for a walk. Or should my reaction be get the fuck away from these two because I have no idea what their intentions are??!!! What would you think?fullsizeoutput_317.jpeg

NH Hunter

Reaction score
so again.... I'll ask, who's the "enemy" towards the future of gun ownership. Someone who recognizes and acknowledges ignorance by a fellow gun owner, or these ass clowns? This is the culture of "all or nothing", or the "don't give an inch".

NH Hunter

Reaction score
"Common sense" is code for "Gun grab that I'm hoping to convince you is NOT a gun grab".

You state "I shouldn't be able to go to a flea market in Davisville this morning and buy a gun off a table that some clown driving a POS van is selling."

My question is, simply, "why not?" (What does the seller's character or vehicle have to do with any of this?)

I suspect that you, like me, already own several guns, know how to use them safely, and have no intention of shooting anybody. This being the case, why shouldn't you be able to do just that? What improvement in the condition of man is achieved by prohibiting you from doing this?

Would YOU personally sell one of those many firearms to a person you don't know without wanting a background check for a clear conscience? What if you were selling to a felon? Is that responsible gun ownership?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Longbow is the only one who has weighed in on his opinion of the idiot in the article. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
How about this situation I posted on a different thread......... your thoughts?

We have a guy here in my small podunk town who finds it needed to open carry his Glock every where he goes. Doesn't sound bad right? Well until it's leading a group of little leaguers down our main street in an opening day parade. Collecting money for the dunk booth at the July 4 celebration and parade , and my latest personal favorite...... The little league baseball cookout held at the local beech.

If you want/need or "because you can" carry great... I support it. Right up to the time you're incapable to recognizing when the simplest thing , like ummmmm maybe untuck your shirt and cover your needed protection? Nope, Jeans on , Shirt tucked into his pant as tight as he can get it, and here come Wyatt Earp. It's " look at me" moments like in the article , or the local idiot , sorry fellow gun owner do this shit for attention that I can't stand. This is the kind of behavior that you can bet your ass will lead to more legislation or at the very least no more concealed carry where legal at Walmart stores.

longbow

Reaction score
I'll chime in.

Like I said in the other thread. I don't believe in flaunting, showing off, or displaying long guns or pistols. It is legal to have, so be happy and have it. Hunt with it, carry it around your property, pose in the mirror naked with it, or whatever. :redface: I don't see how carrying it around in a city helps the pro gun cause any. Carry your concealed weapon and protect yourself and others.

With what is going on these days any jackass in town, with a rifle, bullet proof vest, and bandolier loaded with rounds should almost be shot on sight. or at least detained.

Last edited:

mowbizz

Reaction score
I'll chime in.

Like I said in the other thread. I don't believe in flaunting, showing off, or displaying long guns or pistols. It is legal to have, so be happy and have it. Hunt with it, carry it around your property, pose in the mirror naked with it, or whatever. :redface: I don't see how carrying it around in a city helps the pro gun cause any. Carry your concealed weapon and protect yourself and others.

With what is going on these days any jackass in town, with a rifle, bullet proof vest, and bandolier loaded with rounds should almost be shot on sight. or at least detained.
This^
Although I don’t agree with the “being shot on sight” nor “detained”
Obviously, if in this situation with a pro-gun rally happening in the area, there are going to be law abiding citizens exercising their NH
right to open carry. If you can’t tell the difference between a threat approaching you and people behaving themselves and using proper open carry “protocol” (which is mostly common sense) while attending such a rally, well, I can’t help you.
I see people open carrying in all walks of daily life. I’m aware of them and have no problem with this. However, a lone person parading into a public place loaded for “war” immediately after someone that “looked the same” just killed a lot of people is a different story. I think the off duty fireman did the right thing and the situation didn’t escalate any further.

JDK

Reaction score
Jay, where do you stand on this guy? If I'm an enemy to gun ownership. Where's this guy rank?

https://www.wmur.com/article/armed-man-who-caused-panic-at-missouri-walmart-says-it-was-a-social-experiment/28665200

Where do I stand? Dmitrity Andreychenko is an idiot and lucky he isn't dead. I ask you the question. Is this a gun or a person problem?

What is funny is that you and I agree on the core issue....what is going on is a comprehensive problem. The idiot above needs a very serious ass kicking. Where we disagree is that my very next sentence doesn't include the word ban.

Last edited: