Group Picture

Browseline

Reaction score
I was looking through some pictures and ran across this one the other day. I Thought some of you might like to see it. The 5 of us have hunted together for over 35 years in Maine, NH and VT. This picture was taken in 1997 and we have more than doubled what is in this picture since then. All but 2 of the mounts are over 200 lb deer and only one from VT. The fellow on the far right passed away a little over a year ago.Group picture  1997 001.jpg

Junebugg2.0

Reaction score
Awesome group pic...with some very nice bucks. Somewhere there is a very happy ,well vacationed taxidermist that better appreciate your group of hunters.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
What an amazing picture with a lifetime of memories on the wall.
Like what has been mentioned , it would be amazing to do an updated picture with all the new mounts added.
But you definitely going to need a wider and taller wall to get all the mounts to fit on it !
Again sorry for the loss of your longtime friend. Is that his brother that owns the camp in Maine on the far left ?

Browseline

Reaction score
What an amazing picture with a lifetime of memories on the wall.
Like what has been mentioned , it would be amazing to do an updated picture with all the new mounts added.
But you definitely going to need a wider and taller wall to get all the mounts to fit on it !
Again sorry for the loss of your longtime friend. Is that his brother that owns the camp in Maine on the far left ?
Thanks, I looked at the pictures last night in my antler room and tried to remember what we have got since then. As best as I can remember there would be 13 more deer over 200 lbs, 7 in the 190 range. Lots of others that weighed less. We have kind of gotten away from shoulder mounts, maybe 8 more. Mostly euro mounts and antlers on plaques. That is his brother on the left. He just turned 82 last month. We talked of trying to get another group picture 2 summers ago, but could never find a date that would work for everyone, on a day with good weather. We have been very lucky to have hunted together for this long.

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
Browseline...It would be incredible to get all of you together with someone who knows how to film/ interview and put it all together. Even if you needed to hire someone to help with the process...(a good videographer). It's just too good to not seriously consider preserving and sharing. I would be first in line to pay to see it. If you are able to all get together for another photo...maybe you could plan to have someone there to spend a day filming as well. After that you could always follow up with individual or smaller group interviews as needed....but getting you all together would be great.

Pine-lock

Reaction score
Great Picture!

My group has been pretty good at getting pictures after successful hunts that include everyone that was in camp at the time in them. It can be a hassle to get everyone on board for picture time with all the post hunt excitement but no one has ever complained about looking back at the albums years later.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Browse - that is just fantastic. Love the idea of another photo and the vide - story telling concept would be epic.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Browseline. Our crew has talked about doing a similar photo, but we haven't yet. Our collection isn't as nice as yours though!

Browseline

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Browseline. Our crew has talked about doing a similar photo, but we haven't yet. Our collection isn't as nice as yours though!
I wish we had taken more pictures the first 10 years or so. No digital cameras back then and the little instamatics weren't waterproof. Now with digital cameras that are waterproof and the size of your wallet it is easy to take plenty of pictures in the woods and at camp. When we look back at the pictures now it is more about the people, what we were doing and where we were and not the deer.