Great GA buck..

12 ring

Reaction score
I still can't find any good hunting land. the little 30 Ac. spot I had just got clear cut. Now I'm not seeing anything. Hopefully when I came back things will have calmed down a little. Trying to find a place for next year.

ojibwa

Reaction score
I still can't find any good hunting land. the little 30 Ac. spot I had just got clear cut. Now I'm not seeing anything. Hopefully when I came back things will have calmed down a little. Trying to find a place for next year.
Give that 30 ac one full year or two and it will be crawling with deer.... Have you looked into any clubs or possibly leasing a place next year? Also a few wma's that are open the whole season and the Chattahoochee and oconee national forests..

ojibwa

Reaction score
I forgot where you moved to, was it near Hartwell or Augusta?

12 ring

Reaction score
No I'm SW of Atlanta almost in Alabama. In Coweta County. I have hunted in the Oconee Nat. forest my son shot a small buck there, but lord its almost 2 hrs. from home. I love Monticello but gosh its a haul. trying to find a club or lease closer to home but every club I try has no openings unless I want to pay 1500.00 or more for a year and retired fixed income no can do that. Funny you miss hunting in Ga and I miss hunting in Ma.

ojibwa

Reaction score
No I'm SW of Atlanta almost in Alabama. In Coweta County. I have hunted in the Oconee Nat. forest my son shot a small buck there, but lord its almost 2 hrs. from home. I love Monticello but gosh its a haul. trying to find a club or lease closer to home but every club I try has no openings unless I want to pay 1500.00 or more for a year and retired fixed income no can do that. Funny you miss hunting in Ga and I miss hunting in Ma.
$1500 to $2000 year is what is used to pay for a good trophy lease, check late summer lots of leases in the $400 to $600 range in coweta,heard,upson and talbot, your in a good area but also an area that is in high demand because of the proximity to ATL....Also in late summer GON will have its lease edition.... There is also high teck redneck, base camp leasing as well as many of the timber companies will have lease listings ....I hunted in and around that area as well as managed a few farms so I know if you keep at it you will find something....BTW there are also a several WMAs close to you with quota hunts you can put in for next year..

ojibwa

Reaction score
Once you get GA figured out you will love it.... When I moved down from MI it took me about 3 seasons...