Got New Shoes for the Truck

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Got me some Cooper STT Pro's. 37/12.5/17. They ride great and are supposed to wear pretty good for a mud terrain tire. And that is good because I hate getting it dirty.:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Browseline

Reaction score
Nice looking tires and wheels! How much did you lift the truck before putting on the bigger tires?

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice looking tires and wheels! How much did you lift the truck before putting on the bigger tires?
I bought this truck new in December of 99.

Well, I needed new shocks. I replaced the originals at 80,000 miles and, now I have 156,000 miles and noticed one was leaking and the others were pretty bad.

I always liked lifted trucks, so I decided to get shocks and a lift. It is a 6.5 inch lift with new leaf springs front and rear.

Here are pictures of my last "lifted" truck. Two when it was ridiculously big, (my Dad is 6 foot two for scale),with 44x18 tires and one when it was more manageable with 38x15's up in Maine. That truck had a 6 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Love it - I got some new tires this year as well. I get laughed at for driving a pick up, could not imagine the flak I would get with a 6 inch lift kit. The truck is sweet - I'll keep an eye out for you on Rt 80. Not too many of those around here.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Love it - I got some new tires this year as well. I get laughed at for driving a pick up, could not imagine the flak I would get with a 6 inch lift kit. The truck is sweet - I'll keep an eye out for you on Rt 80. Not too many of those around here.
I live in Blairstown a lot of lifted trucks and hillbillies around here! Where do you live?

Grandkid

Reaction score
Nice trucks. You haven't changed much over the years. :cool:

Roger-

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I hate getting it dirty.:D
You dont have to worry about getting it dirty being that high above the mud.
What you do have to worry about is smashing your windshield into branches hanging over the logging road. :rolleyes:

If that truck was any higher you could sit on the roof and calling a tree stand . ;)

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I live in Blairstown a lot of lifted trucks and hillbillies around here! Where do you live?
I am over in Chatham - but have a house up on Green Pond too in Rockaway. I used to be a member of a fishing club in Blairstown. Do you know where Young Pond is?

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I am over in Chatham - but have a house up on Green Pond too in Rockaway. I used to be a member of a fishing club in Blairstown. Do you know where Young Pond is?
I have a good friend who is a police officer in Chatham. I know Jimmy Young, he has a lot of property any connection to the pond?

BearHunter

Reaction score
Came thru Blairstown on the bike couple of weeks ago. Had breakfast at the diner. Pretty good biscuits and sausage gravy. Almost made me think I was home in Tennessee.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
My brother in law had a mint 2002 super duty with the 7.3. It looked just like yours, but with a short box. He sold it and bought a 2006 6.0. :confused:

He has had to do the head gaskets on the 6.0 3 times now.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
My brother in law had a mint 2002 super duty with the 7.3. It looked just like yours, but with a short box. He sold it and bought a 2006 6.0. :confused:

He has had to do the head gaskets on the 6.0 3 times now.
I heard of a lot of problems with the 6.0. My clutch just went yesterday, luckily I was able to limp it into the shop. I think I did pretty good with 158,000 miles and 20 years.