Got My Buck

Davey

Reaction score
Got this buck a couple of weeks ago during a rain storm, I sat 20 feet up in a tree in my climber with an umbrella while it was down pouring and around 2:10 this buck came at.
Didn't see a lot of deer this year and didn't hear many shots, only saw 1 coyote too, weird season.
IMG_9338.jpgIMG_9344.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

longbow

Reaction score
That's the way to do it! I love those umbrellas. Did you use a store bought hunting umbrella, or do you use a redneck umbrella like me? (Regular umbrella secured to tree with bungee cord.)

Davey

Reaction score
That's the way to do it! I love those umbrellas. Did you use a store bought hunting umbrella, or do you use a redneck umbrella like me? (Regular umbrella secured to tree with bungee cord.)
I actually held my wifes umbrella for 4 hours, I must have looked pretty silly but I stayed dry though.

longbow

Reaction score
I actually held my wifes umbrella for 4 hours, I must have looked pretty silly but I stayed dry though.
Get yourself a large old umbrella or cheap one, open it, and slit it on the side you are going to put against the tree. Then bungee the handle to the tree behind you. And of course just sit under it.

Flatlander

Reaction score
Congrats , nice buck. Weird season is right. I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've only seen 1 deer and didn't have a shot. If I don't get a deer tomorrow it will be the first time I didn't get a deer during rifle season. I hope muzzle loader season is better.

Browseline

Reaction score
Real nice buck! Congratulations. I use my umbrella usually a couple times a year.

jht2224

Reaction score
That umbrella pic is one for the books, good for you sticking it out and making it work. Another beauty.

Vermonster

Reaction score
Great looking buck! Congrats! Let us see the finished product after you're done.....

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Nice buck, and even better umbrella pic! That's the way to stay at it even in a downpour!

Big D

Reaction score
Nice looking buck. Never thought to bring an umbrella hunting. Good idea.