Good time to lease land in PA

ojibwa

Reaction score
I read an article recently about how the gas companies have cut royalties to many landowners many of whom depend on the royalties for income... My thought and this might sound slightly predatory is offer these land owners another option , offer to lease their farms for hunting.. In the article I read they listed several land owners names and towns, it took me about 10 min online to find contact info ie: address and phone numbers on them, not quite sure how you would go about it maybe a letter and a follow up phone call?

Last edited:

oneshott

Banned
Reaction score
That is a great idea OJ. Pennsylvania has wonderful deer numbers / densities. In the past they were known for just their densities, but for small undeveloped bodied deer. They have certainly changed that stereotype. Pennsylvania enlisted 3 and 4 point on one side antler restrictions, of which have worked tremendously to promote an older age class herd, and more robust antler sizes. If I were to do this, I would gear my efforts closer to western Pennsylvania, closer to Ohio. Little more agriculture out that way, and would allow one to hunt both states, thus increasing available hunting days and season limits. Great post and idea OJ.

Latest posts