Good Luck Moose Hunters

Big D

Reaction score
Good luck to the handful of you that drew permits this year. It's about to get real next week. Weather looks decent, well at least no real heaters in the forecast. Hope everyone has a great time and the trips exceed your expectations. Looking forward to reading about everyone's adventures.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Thanks BigD. Temps are looking average for that time of year and forecasts seem to be trending cooler. To say I'm excited is an understatement!! I'm probably 90% packed at this point and taking Friday off to stop by my camp on the way to winterize the shower. Making a pitstop in Greenville for a day and then heading into the NMW Sunday. I already have my auto reply setup for my work email: "I will be out of the office beginning 9/22 and will have no access to email, voicemail, telegraph, carrier pigeons, or smoke signals."

"

Big D

Reaction score
Thanks BigD. Temps are looking average for that time of year and forecasts seem to be trending cooler. To say I'm excited is an understatement!! I'm probably 90% packed at this point and taking Friday off to stop by my camp on the way to winterize the shower. Making a pitstop in Greenville for a day and then heading into the NMW Sunday. I already have my auto reply setup for my work email: "I will be out of the office beginning 9/22 and will have no access to email, voicemail, telegraph, carrier pigeons, or smoke signals."

"
Having never drawn a permit yet I can't imagine the anticipation. Turns out that we have a mutual friend, JB, that is hunting with you. I think he said something about shooting the first one he sees. ;) You guys have fun.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
You forgot to add The Pony Express and the Amazon Delivery Truck . I'm sure you will get something from one of them . You can run from them , but you cant hide . LOL

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
Best of luck guys!

I'll be applying for a Maine moose permit next season after listening to the BWB podcast about their Alaska moose hunts yesterday.

Huntermc6

Reaction score
Good luck everyone! I'll be looking for partridge while you all are hunting for the big game!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Returned home tonight from a successful moose hunt by all possible measures. It will be a bit before I have time to sort through pictures and post a report, but it will be up at some point in the near future.
I’ve been checking all week. Can’t wait!! Im curious if a moosestache came into play?

Browseline

Reaction score
Returned home tonight from a successful moose hunt by all possible measures. It will be a bit before I have time to sort through pictures and post a report, but it will be up at some point in the near future.
Saw your wife today at the harvest day festivities in town. She asked if I had heard from you. I said I hadn't which was the truth. Luckily I didn't have to lie to her if she had asked me about your hunt. Saw something posted about it earlier.

Big D

Reaction score
Got a sneak peak of the bull today and it doesn't disappoint. Sounded like a long night pack out. Looking forward to the details. Congratulations.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I think he had a box camera and is waiting for the pictures to be developed.:rolleyes::D
In fairness....... I know I was a bit slow posting my report. There's a lot that goes on the week after. Butchering, back to work, making up for family things that were taking a back seat for weeks prior. So I'm sympathetic to that, but selfishly I'm confident this is going to be a good report and I want to read it drinking a cup of coffee Damn it!!! ;):)

Latest posts