Going to Anticosti and I'm pumped!!!!

Reaction score
:buck: Well, I've made the decision to go to Anticosti next year. This has been on my bucket list since I first heard of the place when I was 16. I'm now 66. Its pricey but everybody says that now that my wife is gone, a trip like this will get me out of my funk. I met a couple of friends who went and said that I have to go! I think we'll plan on the end of October?early November of 2020. I'll Post plenty of pics. Needless to say, Ive never been so pumped about a trip. They tell me its "old school" hunting at its best!!!:buck:

xp600

Reaction score
Thats awesome. Search through some old threads here, there was a group of members a bunch of years ago who went repeatedly and posted tons of pictures. They seemed to always love it.

Reaction score
That sounds great. Who are you going wit?[/QUO
A friend from here in Delaware county. He's been there 5 times. says its a must for any northeast deer hunter. He has some other friends that may want to go so we'll have our group.

Bill/NH

Reaction score
I've been twice with some of the old HC gang!!!! To put it simply, you will have an F'ing blast!!!!

Reaction score
I really had to think about this when I had those blues. I balked at the hunt because of the price but then I began thinking that if my wife was alive and I wanted to go, she would have sent me-NO QUESTIONS ASKED! She wanted me to go to the Wooden Boat School in Brooklin, Maine for 2 weeks each summer for 3 years.
That was a pricey endeavor!I went over my financials and could well afford it. It was then that I could almost hear her saying, -"You're an idiot if you don't go!" So we're planning a 6 day hunt in late October of 2020. Its close enough to the rut and it doesn't conflict with the NY season. From what I've seen as a deer butcher for 27 years, they bulk up just before the rut then lose it after all their romantic sessions. If this hunt turns out as I hope it does I may be going more often. Mark is even a new friend that I have to hunt to hunt with here in NY also. The guys here also influenced my decision. Jeff, Chase, Bill/NH, Lab 44, Longbow-Thanks for the pics and helping me get out of this blue mood and get pumped up for this new adventure. - Catskill

Grandkid

Reaction score
You will have so much fun. I did a trip with 6 other friends and it was lots of fun. Six day hunt during Thanksgiving week and all 7 of us tagged out with two bucks each by the second day. What a blast. Got some snow too. The bucks were good examples of the deer on the island. One guy shot a big 10 that dressed 185....big for that place. Needless to say we ate lots of inner loin on that trip.

Roger-