Going for 50+ beaver through the ice

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Damn that sounds like a lot of work!! Fun....but a lot of work. I never look in this forum so I just found this thread.... Nic winter!

bigbore442001

Reaction score
This may sound really far out there as an idea but I had a brain fart of sorts the other day. Last weekend in Rhode Island at the Chase Farm in Lincoln there was a black powder rendezvous being held. One man was selling tanned pelts and fur hats. He commanded a bit of money. I recall one woman asked about a squirrel skin and he replied 15 bucks.

I am wondering if one could trap fur, tan the fur and make products like hats, sporrans, etc and sell them. More or less eliminate the middle man. Maybe it is too far fetched?

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
This may sound really far out there as an idea but I had a brain fart of sorts the other day. Last weekend in Rhode Island at the Chase Farm in Lincoln there was a black powder rendezvous being held. One man was selling tanned pelts and fur hats. He commanded a bit of money. I recall one woman asked about a squirrel skin and he replied 15 bucks.

I am wondering if one could trap fur, tan the fur and make products like hats, sporrans, etc and sell them. More or less eliminate the middle man. Maybe it is too far fetched?
I don't think its far fetched at all. But I hope you don't have 40hr/week job...

outdoorsman

Reaction score
There a few guys that have fur tanned and then turn it into marketable products as suggested. I currently don't have the desire to pursue that route. Those who do tend to have a pretty good side business.