Gobbler Down

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, it took 4 weeks, but my son finally got it done yesterday. He's probably been out 10 times for a couple of hours each time, sometimes longer. We either couldn't find the birds, they were on the wrong property, or they just walked away from us. You would have thought that with all the pre season activity I had here, it would have been a sure thing.

This particular gobbler liked to gobble constantly while walking away from us. He did it a few times, but this time I called, and my son was positioned over where he was heading.;) As the bird approached him, he gave a few soft clucks and knocked the bird down. It was 19.5lbs, 10 inch beard and 1.25 inch spurs.

We went out this morning to another spot, but once again the bird was on the next property. Now that my son got one I am going to be after that bird Monday. Season ends here Friday.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. - It was raining so it's a wet bird.

IMG_3375 (2).jpg

Last edited:

groundtender

Reaction score
Never been turkey hunting, but did occasionally have success with a walk away call to “drag” a tentative bull in closer to the shooter.

Grandkid

Reaction score
Nice old gobbler. Congratulations on a great hunt. He earned that one. Huge paint brush an nice long spurs.
Roger-