Getting ready

12 ring

Reaction score
Dove season starts Sat. I will go out for something to do. find a shady spot bring a jug of water and wait them out... Then the following Sat Archery season opens for deer and hogs. Haven't seen any hogs yet but I have a friend with a farm a little east of Columbus Ga. who says he is covered up with them. so we will see how it goes. The beginning of yet another season. the older I get the faster and faster they come. good luck with your seasons folks....

ojibwa

Reaction score
Dove season starts Sat. I will go out for something to do. find a shady spot bring a jug of water and wait them out... Then the following Sat Archery season opens for deer and hogs. Haven't seen any hogs yet but I have a friend with a farm a little east of Columbus Ga. who says he is covered up with them. so we will see how it goes. The beginning of yet another season. the older I get the faster and faster they come. good luck with your seasons folks....
The area around Columbus is covered with hogs and will be for a while you can't kill them off as fast as they breed,and multiple litters a year... This year should be a great year for bucks I have several buddies who have been killing me with pics of great deer... here is one I got yesterday and its a small one.. IMG_09921.jpg

12 ring

Reaction score
Well here is a little update. I haven't been getting out very much it's just been too damn hot but I did get out with my son this week end I didn't hunt Sunday afternoon so he went home and hunted behind his house and shot a nice forked horn buck. I'm happy for him. I haven't seen anything I wanted to shoot yet just a bunch of does and a couple small bucks. My deep freezer went out on me so I'm being very selective so far.
I received an invite down to Clay county to hunt so we are going to go the weekend of the 14 Oct. A man in our motorcycle club has 15000 Ac. (yep that's 3 0's) and told us we can come on down any time we want to shoot deer and Hogs and he showed me some of the trail camera pictures he has. And he has some beauties for bucks and lots of pigs. He also has a class A motor home we stay in and the bikeclub clubhouse is right across the street, so all that and free beer too. I struck gold......Will let you know how I make out.....

Latest posts