From Game Pouch to Dinner Fare

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I made it out to do some hare hunting last Monday. My kids are more and more eager everyday to try new wild game meals (thanks to watching plenty of Meateater episodes). I wanted to try to something new and found a recipe I thought they would like. I cleaned the hare up and cut into small chunks, mixed up the seasoning in some buttermilk and left them to soak overnight. Dragged them through flour the next day before dropping into the cast iron pan full of hot oil. Kids loved them, my boy asked for the leftovers in his lunch!

Recipe: https://honest-food.net/fried-rabbit-recipe/

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4216.JPG

NH Hunter

Reaction score
That's awesome!!! I miss rabbit hunting. I haven't done it since I was a kid.

TheLostBeaver

Reaction score
That looks really good, I don’t think I’ve ever had any rabbit that wasn’t in a stew.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Hows the B-72? I haven't had the one yet, but really like the rest of the 14th star beers. I also like that its vet owned, and the simple fact that its named 14th star is awesome in my mind.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
The B-72 is good, its my wife's new favorite there. I'm still a maple breakfast stout fan

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Hows the B-72? I haven't had the one yet, but really like the rest of the 14th star beers. I also like that its vet owned, and the simple fact that its named 14th star is awesome in my mind.
I realky like it. It’s not as sharp nor does it have that slight malty edge like the Tribute. It’s smoother, approaching Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine (which is probably my overall favorite). Definitely cool its vetetan owned, they are actually my second cousins.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
I realky like it. It’s not as sharp nor does it have that slight malty edge like the Tribute. It’s smoother, approaching Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine (which is probably my overall favorite). Definitely cool its vetetan owned, they are actually my second cousins.
Interesting. I'll have to look for it. Southern VT doesn't have the same selection you get up north, but I can usually get 14th, so I'll keep an eye out for it. If its anything like Sunshine, I'll love it. That would be my overall favorite, if it weren't for Edward....

Fixed blade

Reaction score
Interesting. I'll have to look for it. Southern VT doesn't have the same selection you get up north, but I can usually get 14th, so I'll keep an eye out for it. If its anything like Sunshine, I'll love it. That would be my overall favorite, if it weren't for Edward....
I would concur with 802-603. I am drinking one right now and man is it good!!!!

Grandkid

Reaction score
Nice looking hares. Tasty too I bet.

Great photos.

Roger-

Latest posts