Forum Software Upgrade

Alex

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey all! Just heads up that we will migrating to XenForo (forum software) tomorrow at 1 PM EST. We think you will be happy with XenForo's functionality, speed and user-friendly interface.

We expect some temporary downtime related to this migration, so apologies in advance.

If you have any questions or comments, please post here.

Many thanks for your continued support of HuntingChat! :smile:

Zach

Reaction score
As someone totally against social media this has a social media feel. I don't partake in Facebook, Twitter, instrgram or any of it. That being said this does have an up to date feel. You guys better not post pictures of your meal unless it contains something you shot or caught. 😂

tobydog

Reaction score
I could be missing something but in the old software there was a link for each post called "last", when clicked it would take you to the last post of a the thread. I don't see that here. Any help would be appreciated.
Other than that, like Gold Rush says looks and works good.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Most of everything is an improvement. Especially the speed.

There are a couple features that are missing. I hope there is a way to bring them back.

On the old platform it showed how many active members there were and how many total members . I think we were closing in on 200 or just over that when the platform changed. Is this important ? Not really but it was nice to see when participation was climbing .

And last , again this has to do with the members list. On the old platform I could click on " Members " in the Community button on top and get the entire members list of all members. It was sorted out in alphabetical order. I could click on any letter and view all the user names starting with that letter.
This feature is totally gone. Either that or I just haven't figured out where to find it on the new platform.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed today. Is there no such thing as a private PM message to another member anymore ?
Also , I cant find how I can edit my profile. The only thing I can find is a way to edit my avatar

UPDATE : I figured out that a PM is now a " Conversation "
But I still cant find any button that you can edit your profile and still no way to view the entire members list

Last edited:

Junebugg2.0

Reaction score
Tried the only 2 emails I've ever had....and it didn't recognize either one when I tried to reset my password?

Bill/NH

Reaction score
My first thoughts a week ago is why and what was the purpose of an upgrade???? My thoughts a week later is why and what was the purpose of an upgrade???? Speaking from a dinosaur perspective I see no reason why, when things seems to be OK to change shit. Furthermore, I'm sick and fucking tired of having to learn how to deal with new shit all the time, just not on this site either!!!! WOW, we are faster, WOW, we are whatever, you know what we need to slow down in life as it goes by way to fast, fucking trust me. There is a reason that there is a quote about slowing down and smelling the coffee!!!! Rant over for now!!!!

Bill/NH

Reaction score
We are all active members now, a fucking communist plot to make us all the same!!!!