First Shot 9/14

longbow

Reaction score
Got "Ol Lightnin Bolt" out today and make a nice first shot at 20 yards. The one that counts. Successive shots were within 4 inches or so. One from 25 yards was 6 inches low. Usually shoot about 10 arrows every other day or so. One at a time, every day the week leading up to the opener. Try to keep my shots 20 or under. Might take a 25 if conditions are perfect. Season starts here on the 14th.

How is your shooting going?

P.S.- Yes was shooting at the ass, (little orange mark), there is no chest !;) and yes I need a new target! Should also be first shot 9/4.

Attachments

Last edited:

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Bud..... you need a new archery target! lol Do we need to take up a collection??

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I was impressed with your set up when I thought your arrow penetrated a rock!!! LOL

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Ha, ha, I stopped on a busy state highway and had my wife jump out and take it off someones garbage! It was in better condition then, but came with the moss!
Damn NJ drivers!!! Probably cut across 3 lanes of traffic to get it as well huh?:smile::cool:

Grandkid

Reaction score
Well done with the hand made bow. You can shoot an ant on a deer carcass....I stick with a compound and am shooting very well. September 15th is our opener and bear season is now open but will wait another week to sit it I think.

Roger-