First MA buck of the year

BDB

Reaction score
I shot a doe the opening day in the evening so it was a good start to the season. I went back out yesterday to a different spot. About 6pm this guy slipped in on me. I did even know he was there until he snuck up behind me and walked out in front of me. It all happened fast. I only got the near side lung, it was hard quartering away. We followed an amazing blood trail and I was sure he was dead. We bumped him at 8pm and then backed out and went back at 11 and found him 40 yards from where we bumped him. Got done at 3am. Long night but a good one :)

Attachments

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Beautiful buck BDB. Congratulations on an early deer, and way to stick to it and get him recovered in the middle of the night.

BDB

Reaction score
Thanks guys. With the temps going to be 60 over night I did not want to let him sit until the morning so I am glad I was able to get back out and get him. Even more glad a buddy offered to go help me! When I got home at 1am I couldn't be bothered weighing him but my buddy and I guessed 170-180 dressed. He was a heavy SOB dragging him out 3/4 mile of swampy thick terrain. Worth the drag and sore muscles though :)

Latest posts