First fresh one!

mowbizz

Reaction score
Awesome find. Finding sheds isn’t easy.
Conditions were perfect today for a walk while following the big fellas tracks...walking pretty much on top of crusted snow with a 1” top coat of fresher wet snow. He has a pretty decent splake hoof too so it was easy to discern his track from the doe he’s hanging with. I even found a splotch of blood in his tracks which tipped me off to keep a sharp eye for the drop...there was another splotch of blood a few yards further and the antler was setting on top of a frozen beaver trail just behind a small dam. I got very lucky!

Mikejd

Reaction score
Nice find. He is going to be a dandy next season.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Nice find. He is going to be a dandy next season.
Thanks! I’m enjoying looking at it on my coffee table! Maybe this season I’ll have the rest of him in my freezer and on my wall!

kevin in nh

Reaction score
I haven't found one in years but sure is fun when you do.....keeps you looking for more and who survived the season!!!

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Congrats on a nice find!! Did you look for the other side? He should be a great buck next fall.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Congrats on a nice find!! Did you look for the other side? He should be a great buck next fall.
I haven’t...we got a foot of snow since and i haven’t checked the cam. Hopefully they’re wintering nearby and I can do some shed hunting when the snow melts.

mowbizz

Reaction score
When I said “first fresh one” I meant this was my first ever shed find except for the old rotten chewed up white ones we’ve all come across...