Finally

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
Bought a new rifle for deer season this year. I went with a Bergara B-14 Hunter in .308. My scope base finally arrived today for a Leupold VX-Freedom which I'll be mounting in the next couple of days. Looking forward to it. I've been toting my TCA .50 Triumph for the last few years and decided to change it up.
Hoping for some success with it.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
It sounds like a nice set up. Can you post a photo of your Bergara. Leopold is a nice choice. It will be a great lucky gun.

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
That's my hope. Let me get my scope on, and then I'll post a photo. One nice feature, for anyone who buys the Leupold VX-Freedom scopes is that you get one freebie from them. You go to their website, punch in your dope about scope serial number, zero distance, bullet manufacturer and assorted errata for it....altitude you plan to hunt at and, some other questions that escape me at the moment, and they sent you back a turret cap dialed in specifically for your rifle. Better way to describe it is to go to the link: Custom Dial System | Leupold
If you're like me, type in Leupold custom dial system on youtube and watch a video of it, it will make more sense. RIght now, I have the turret cap that came with the scope. When the new one arrives, I use the allen wrench they provide with the new turret and plug it in. It's specific to my rifle and scope and hunting conditions I provided. Can't wait. Hope I wasn't confusing.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
That's my hope. Let me get my scope on, and then I'll post a photo. One nice feature, for anyone who buys the Leupold VX-Freedom scopes is that you get one freebie from them. You go to their website, punch in your dope about scope serial number, zero distance, bullet manufacturer and assorted errata for it....altitude you plan to hunt at and, some other questions that escape me at the moment, and they sent you back a turret cap dialed in specifically for your rifle. Better way to describe it is to go to the link: Custom Dial System | Leupold
If you're like me, type in Leupold custom dial system on youtube and watch a video of it, it will make more sense. RIght now, I have the turret cap that came with the scope. When the new one arrives, I use the allen wrench they provide with the new turret and plug it in. It's specific to my rifle and scope and hunting conditions I provided. Can't wait. Hope I wasn't confusing.
I am happy for you. Tight draggin ropes to you.

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
Anyone else enjoying these back to back sunny Fall days? I'm loving it.

Anyway, just finished getting my scope mounted, so I'm back with a couple of photos. It was much easier with my muzzleloader. On this Bergara, I set myself back by placing wrong orders regarding my scope base and rings. Had to ship both back until finally I got my shizz together. So, the scope is a Leupold VX-Freedom 3x9x40 held on by Weaver (medium height) 6-screw skeleton rings. I really like how they look and the fact that it's 6 screws per means it ain't going anywhere.
My new CDS turret cap from Leupold (made specifically for my rifle and scope) happened to arrive this afternoon as well, so pretty stoked about that. Banner day!
Again, the rifle is a Bergara in .308 and I'm going to be running Norma Whitetail SP's 150 gr. One other thing I wanted to mention which is a seemingly small thing, but no one ever seems to mention the sling they tote----you know, the one that keeps sliding off your shoulder every third step until you reach your destination?:sneaky: I got fed up and started looking and found an answer in a synthetic sling called a Quake Claw. Odd name, and I'm not asking why, but now, my sling stays on my shoulder and I'm done with the monotonous chore of reslinging as I go. For anyone who's as annoyed as I was, check them out. I bought mine at KTP,

Couple of photos (unless I screw that up too, which I'm prone to do.)

Attachments

Big D

Reaction score
Nice looking setup. Those Bergara's are supposed to be real shooters. I have that same sling that came w/ my muzzleloader a few years ago. Definitely won't slip. Almost too sticky.

Latest posts